Next Years Schedule

orumbb_insider

TheEagleman agrees....I forgot about the CollegeInsider.com tournament loss....so let's not go out there to Ogden again.....it's a tough place to play and I would prefer to take a loss on the road to a good BCS school that is paying us handsomely to do so.....any rumors on whom we might be playing next season?.....TheEagleman is still hoping for an east coast visit to the Philadelphia area some day soon....Penn?...LaSalle?....Temple?....Rider?....Villanova?....St. Josephs?..Drexel?....Princeton?.....please????.... :nerd:

With the excitement from TU fans over last season and a new coach, add in the loss to ORU last year, and the fact that it is homecoming (where we normally have a GREAT student turnout and 5,000-6,000 against a 'slaw' opponent), I'd be shocked if this game wasn't a hard sellout.

Looking forward to it and a phenomenal atmosphere. But yes, we need to be proactive about lower level tickets, as TU fans will be buying them from the moment the single game tickets go on sale to the public. Somehow, set aside a large percentage of the lower level tickets, for alumni, etc.

Yes....all unsold gold seats should be saved for students and alumni...put those TU basT$%#ds up in the blue...... :* .......so what is the actual seating capacity at Mabee Center now?...it used to be 10,575 back in the day but with recent changes it is still over 10,000?........... :nerd:

If I see TU fans in the gold seats, I am going to blow a gasket.

With the excitement from TU fans over last season and a new coach, add in the loss to ORU last year, and the fact that it is homecoming (where we normally have a GREAT student turnout and 5,000-6,000 against a 'slaw' opponent), I'd be shocked if this game wasn't a hard sellout.

Looking forward to it and a phenomenal atmosphere. But yes, we need to be proactive about lower level tickets, as TU fans will be buying them from the moment the single game tickets go on sale to the public. Somehow, set aside a large percentage of the lower level tickets, for alumni, etc.

There are a significant number of even hardcore TU fans who do not like coming to the Mabee Center to see the Mayor's Cup.

And, did TU even sell out a home game last year in the nine-thousand-somewhat Reynolds Center?

Remember, the ORU-TU game is being played in the middle of the high school football playoffs, and on the same day that Oklahoma State hosts the Texas Longhorns at Boone Pickens Stadium (FYI, a potentially undefeated OU is at Texas Tech that day/night, while TU is at UCF Friday night).

If the Mayor's Cup game legitimately sells out at the Mabee Center, I will be shocked...

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little off topic, but does anyone know what the game format will be next year, i.e. will we still have double headers with the men & women playing the same day or will we go back to each team playing on individual evenings?  Thanks!

thanks much goyotes

Starting this fall, the Summit League lineup for 2014-15 will include Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois.

In that format, Oral Roberts would be without a travel partner. And that propelled some of the conversation toward changing the schedule, Douple.

“With nine members, that makes mirror a little tougher,†he said Wednesday.

The league still attempted to schedule as many travel partner trips as possible, Douple said, but that if those did not work out, the goal was still “geographic†scheduling.

In the schedule recently received by USD, many of the doubleheaders feature different opponents, athletic director David Herbster said — he also said the start times for that could be something like 2 p.m. and 7 p.m

“That’ll be new for everyone,†he said Wednesday.

Rather than the traditional Thursday-Saturday format for league games, the Summit could play games on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

OU Releases Non-Conference Slate

After another seven-day break, Oklahoma will play at Tulsa (21-13; NCAA round of 64) on Dec. 13. It will mark the Sooners' eighth game against the Golden Hurricane in 12 seasons (first at Tulsa since the 2008-09 campaign).

Three days later (Dec. 16), the Sooners play another foe from Tulsa when they host Oral Roberts (17-16). OU is 12-2 all-time against the Golden Eagles and has won the last 12 meetings.

ORU heading to Norman next season?....TheEagleman loves it!......maybe we can whip the Sooners over there???...That one point Loss at Mabee Center two years ago still sticks in my craw.....ORU had a 12 point lead in the 2nd half...... :nerd:  :eagles:

OU could be a Top 25 team this season- vastly improved from Lon Kruger's first year in Norman.

Uh-oh....on second thought....sounds like a loss in Norman....besides ORU probably hasn't won there since that game in the mid-70s that TheEagleman attended..... :sweat:

So we know for sure that Tulsa (Homecoming) and OU (away) are part of our OOC schedule. Do we know who else will be on it?

TheEagleman is wondering....is ORU going to be in any tournaments next season?....thanksgiving or Christmas?...... :nerd:

TheEagleman is wondering....is ORU going to be in any tournaments next season?....thanksgiving or Christmas?...... :nerd:

I've been checking this website regularly....it hasn't updated since May 7th...I gotta figure we will land in one of these November/December tourneys?

http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2013/12/2/5166354/2014-15-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-MTE

Have been told that as many as four home-and-home deals are in the works with similar mid-majors to ORU.  At least one of the series will begin with a home game in the Mabee Center this fall.

Two of the schools were NCAA participants the last couple of seasons, and none have played the Golden Eagles in a long time, if ever.

• Upvote 1

That truly is breaking news, OT!!!....you have whetted TheEaglemans' appetite for some ORU roundball in Mid June.....hopefully we will have an announcement soon....Happy Father's Day to all!!!... :clap: