ORU 81 SE LA. 78

theeagleman5

ORU wins on a Christian Key 3 pointer at the buzzer.....great start to homecoming night at Mabee Center...congrats to the ladies!..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

The refs made a great attempt to steal this one.

SELA shot 33 free throws.

ORU shot 2 free throws, Tied a school record for fewest in a game.

By the second half, our girls were scared to even TRY to play defense, as EVERY single time SELA went to the basket, the refs called a foul.

It truly was a gutty win, in possibly the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed.

The refs made a great attempt to steal this one.

SELA shot 33 free throws.

ORU shot 2 free throws, Tied a school record for fewest in a game.

Wow!!  that's the worst disparity i've heard of.  glad the ladies held on to win.  now they need to take their success at home on the road.

Wow!!  that's the worst disparity i've heard of.  glad the ladies held on to win.  now they need to take their success at home on the road.

I would have to imagine, that was one of the worst FT disparities in the history of college basketball. especially considering that we never committed a foul to intentionally send them to the line.

Sometimes, you'll see a 15-20 free throw difference if one team fouls a lot in the final minutes, to try to get back in the game. But, 31 foul shot difference is MIND-BOGGLING.

Those are amazing and disturbing FT numbers, Voice....TheEagleman is guessing that there is no sense in ORU complaining about it since we are leaving the Southland in another couple months.....the league will just chuckle and reject any protest filed by ORU..... |(

That is a bad sign.  I have not felt that there have been significant issues with refs this year at our men's home games, except for about a 5 minute stretch during the 2nd half vs. NW St. when they suddenly called a foul on us every time their big man drove to the basket.  There have been a few questionable issues during road games, but not disproportionately so vs. previous years, so I have actually been somewhat surprised that it hasn't seemed that things have been greatly stacked against us.

I hope this disparity in the women's recent game isn't a harbinger of things to come, especially in the Southland Tournament.

Without Obi, I'm not sure that this team is capable of overcoming both a decent team and the refs in a tournament game situation.