Seattle Seahawks - Alvin Bailey

tmh8286

You guys might be interested to know that a young man from Broken Arrow, Alvin Bailey, is playing football now for the Seattle Seahawks, and will likely play in the Super Bowl - in his first year in the NFL.

Alvin played basketball on a competitive team with one of my boys years ago, I think in their middle school years (they remained friends throughout HS), but later Alvin focused on football, and was a standout for Broken Arrow. He went on to play on scholarship for Arkansas, and received a number of awards there, but entered the NFL draft before his senior year. Alvin was expected to go in the third or fourth round, but instead wasn’t chosen at all.

He was picked up by Seattle as a free agent, and as a result of injuries to starters he’s had an opportunity to play quite a bit this season – in fourteen games. He signed as a guard but was moved to tackle, and has excelled in that position. They use him as part of their “jumbo package.â€

Alvin is a really nice kid, from a great family. I haven’t seen them in years, but his folks are wonderful people. Alvin’s dad, Alvin Sr., adds a little interest for ORU fans in the sense that he played basketball at Arkansas for Eddie Sutton. He had nothing but positive things to say about Eddie.

Nice to see a local kid – and such a nice one - doing well.

That is so cool.  Thanks for sharing.  Love to see local kids do well.  That being said, I'll still be cheering for the Broncos! :)

Chris Harris Jr., who played a significant role all season for the Denver Broncos until recently going down with a torn ACL is from Bixby...

He is a true gem and loved by the media, community and Broncos organization.  His absence in the Super Bowl is a huge loss...

Yet another reason to cheer for the Broncos!

• Upvote 1