ORU @ Northwestern

ORUalum

ORU falls 84-54

27 turnovers....add press break to the list of things ORU needs to work on before conference season.

Going to be a long season. But, losing your all-time leading scorer and all-time leading assist creator, along with another solid senior role player, this is pretty much what I expected.

That said, things aren't as bad as they seem. We'll win our share of conference games and be competitive come conference tourney time. Peak in February/March, win 3 games, go to the dance, and this season is a success.

Wasn't there another player that is gone from last years team that was a solid contributor?  I don't think she was a Sr........  Just looked it up, Taylor Cooper..  Looking at her numbers, it sure would be nice to have her around this year!  Looks obvious that Coach Cussen was capable of winning with the previous coaches players but hasn't recruited well enough to maintain the winning ways.  South Dakota State beat Penn St. last week, who was ranked 12th in the nation....  We have to join that league next year?  Sheesh

Um, let's give her more than 10 games, against a BRUTALLY tough schedule (most on the road), before we start with the "she can't recruit" business or the "she can only win with other people's players".

Yeah....ORU has had a very tough schedule so far.....can't make any final judgments on this team until we play some Southland games....but so far, TheEagleman has to agree that it looks like we are in for a looooooooong season....we aren't even competitive in most of these games....... :sweat:

Give them some time. We lost practically every major player from last year's team. Luper, Bigham, Cooper, & Buck. Only returning two role players, Shelton & Key.

They will contiune to improve. Once again, with an almost entirely new roster, against a brutal schedule, this start was to be expected.

Can't we get a 5th year for Kevi?...... :inlove:

I wasn't bashing the coaching staff by any means....  Just seems like an awful tough schedule for a team full of youngsters!  As I mentioned in a previous post, it makes me wonder if they scheduled such a tough road schedule to bring money in for a team trip in the next year or so?

Looks obvious that Coach Cussen was capable of winning with the previous coaches players but hasn't recruited well enough to maintain the winning ways.

I wasn't bashing the coaching staff by any means.... 

Really???  |(

Really!?  Simply stating that a coach is able to win in their first year with another coaches players isn't bashing.  It happens everywhere, anytime a new coach takes over with an old coaches players!  Let's not look past the fact that they are off to one of the worst starts in school history, though.  Yes, they have played an extremely difficult schedule, but why would you schedule so tough when you know your team is going to be young.  Hopefully, the next four years will be filled with many victories for my family to enjoy.  I trust Coach Cussen and her staff, that is the reason we have invested our time with the program