Big wins for the Summit League last night

89rabbit

I saw the very end of the NDSU / ND game last night. In addition to the win it's hard to say the Bison didn't look like the better team out there. Solid win. 

I too caught a little of the NDSU/ND game.  I believe the Summit is better top to bottom in basketball than the SLC.  Hopefully the Summit could add an addition team in basketball but not the dregs that the SLC just took in.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely, the Summit is better than the SLC.  Right now they are 15th best conference.  Two behind C-USA and one behind the HL.  I don't think they will catch CUSA but the HL has been sliding down.  The Summit has a good chance to end ahead of the HL for the first time.  The Southland is at 25. 

Absolutely, the Summit is better than the SLC.  Right now they are 15th best conference.  Two behind C-USA and one behind the HL.  I don't think they will catch CUSA but the HL has been sliding down.  The Summit has a good chance to end ahead of the HL for the first time.  The Southland is at 25.

Given the considerations listed by OT in another thread you have to wonder if we could even keep up this season in the Summit League. The improving ranking of that conference is at least in part due to the continued surging of the Dakota schools and the departing of some of the bottom dwellers.

That said, based on our RPI at this point, ORU would find itself in sixth place in a nine-team league if we were in the Summit today.