ORU Appoints New Provost

SOLO_Gold

In a lot of ways this position could be as important as the appointment of Dr. Wilson. It sounds like Dr. Wilson has the right emphasis in mind for Dr. Reid-Martinez: 

“Dr. Reid-Martinez brings a vast wealth of academic prowess to the university and will be a key player in building the academic reputation and reach of ORU around the world,†said Wilson.

http://www.oru.edu/news/oru_news/20131205_chief_academic_officer.php

She has worked at 3 other significant Christian universities: Lee College, Azusa Pacific and Regent. I like the progression of her resume and her experience in online education which will be a key area of growth for ORU.

Thsi looks like a good hire. I like that she has experience with online classes - which I think ORU needs to emphasize. It is also nice that she has a track history of enrollment expansion.

Dr. Wilson wasn't the slam dunk acadamian that some felt the university needed, but great leaders know how to surround themselves with the right people. Dr. Reid-Martinez looks like the right hire to take ORU to the next level academically.

• Upvote 1