Trevon Woods

orumbb_insider

"@TrevonWoods23: Great home visit with Oral Roberts this afternoon! Very informative and a great program."

From my research, this kid is very good! He has recieved offers from Arkansas, Georgia Tech, UK, Mizzou, Texas Tech and UT. Also he is a twin and from my understanding ORU is offering both of them. If we can land these two they would be great!

Arkansas, Geo. Tech, Kentucky, Missouri, Texas Tech, Texas and Oral Roberts......hummmmm....which one on that list of Universities doesn't belong?...I guess anything is possible but why does this kid have interest in ORU?....maybe the other schools have no interest in the twin brother?....what are the realistic chances of Trevon coming to Tulsa to play at Mabee Center???... :|

Every decade or so, ORU signs a kid that on paper they should have no business getting, simply because it's a good fit between the recruit, his parents, our coaches, ORU's unique environment, AND some sort of deal-closer (like signing his brother).

It's how we got McDonald's All-American Mark Acres in the '80's, (signed his older brother first, plus hired his dad as assistant coach).

It's how we got TIm Gill in the '90's (Victory High School connections).

It's how we got Caleb Green in the '00's (early recruitment, desire to stay in town and show TU they screwed up).

It happens; count it all joy when it does - and we're due for one this decade!

"@TrevonWoods23: Great home visit with Oral Roberts this afternoon! Very informative and a great program."

From my research, this kid is very good! He has recieved offers from Arkansas, Georgia Tech, UK, Mizzou, Texas Tech and UT. Also he is a twin and from my understanding ORU is offering both of them. If we can land these two they would be great!

Okay, let's pull the bus back into the parking lot before we go too far down the road.  From a quick internet search, of the schools listed above, the twins seem to have received an offer ONLY from Texas Tech.  There is the infamously vague "reported interest" from the others, which could be valid, or could be someone floating their names out there in cyberspace.  Some reports also note offers from Texas State, Texas-Arlington, Tulane, Iona, TAMU-CC and Jacksonville - schools much closer to ORU's stature.  I agree that they would be a great catch, but may or may not be of "decade proportions".  But, I sure hope so!

according to verbalcommits.com:

NEXT YR:

Henderson-Sr

Webber-SR

Emegano-JR

Jackson-JR

Billbury-JR

Conley-JR

Kaufmen-JR

Wilson-JR

Lee-SO

Word-SO

Singleton-SO

Byford-SO

Owens-FR (verbal)

that's 13 already with additional 2014 offers to:

David Burrell - 6'6" SF Milwaukee, WI (2.7 Stars)

Mitchell Solomon - 6'9" C Bixby, OK (4 Stars)

Edit:

Trevon Woods' offers according to verbalcommits.com...LINK (it looks like everyone is offering both brothers)

where did you research?  offer from UK?  Really?  We all give misinformation sometimes, but be careful or you will get a reputation for it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

LIU???....they stink..... :rofl:

well....maybe not anymore..... :nerd:

They are going from Houston, Texas to Brooklyn, New York? They must have a family member in the area. Or they are going to have a bit of a culture shock.

according to verbalcommits.com:

NEXT YR:

Henderson-Sr

Webber-SR

Emegano-JR

Jackson-JR

Billbury-JR

Conley-JR

Kaufmen-JR

Wilson-JR

Lee-SO

Word-SO

Singleton-SO

Byford-SO

Owens-FR (verbal)

that's 13 already with additional 2014 offers to:

David Burrell - 6'6" SF Milwaukee, WI (2.7 Stars)

Mitchell Solomon - 6'9" C Bixby, OK (4 Stars)

Solomon commits to Ok State

Solomon commits to Ok State

After he blew up on the AAU circuit this summer, Soloman flew right off our radar.

That's a good "get" for even OSU. Soloman was starting to get attention from a lot of bluebloods.

Solomon is a strange situation as he played pickup games at Tulsa and ORU and not that impressive and TU took a pass and really only started recruiting him hard during AAU season when he blew up as a 6'8" PF that could step out and hit 3s and good all around player. Once OSU and a few other big schools got involved it was done. Good get for them. OSU has a very good class coming in. Of course they still convinced Marcus Smart to come back this year after he would have been a top 3 pick in the draft which is slightly incredible.