Albert Owens

orumbb_insider

I have, and there isn't much film on the web for to come to a conclusion. If anything, based on the fact that he only had two offers up to this point makes you wonder? Think about it now, he is from TEXAS! The are plenty of schools in that state big and small, major and minor that he could have gotten looks from! Something doesn't add up!

He had 4 offers according to the TW article and several other schools recruiting him who hadn't offered him yet. Sounds like he would have received more offers eventually but decided to commit early.

I just like it that we've had nearly twenty posts on a basketball topic in August...  it's about time!

This kid might be 6-10 or so by the time he gets on the court at ORU....agree that we need to see a solid senior year on the court and in the classroom out of Owens....we need this guy in 2014!..... :nerd:

(ESPN High School basketball scout) “@JoelFranESPN: Oral Roberts snagged a good one in Albert Owens..Big man has a touch and savvy...Great interview as well .#Winnerâ€

• 2 months later...

orumbb_insider,

did he end up coming to the game?  do you think he's a lock to sign with ORU on the 13th?

At the "ORU Game Night" dinner on Saturday Kyan Brown indicated that they had a player that they were very excited about that they expected to sign.  Said he couldn't say who it was, but seemed to indicate that they met through Chad.  I haven't kept close tabs on this thread, but when I review it it makes me wonder if Albert isn't the guy. 

• Upvote 1

ORU loses just one senior letterwinner in Glover; Owens is the obvious recipient of that scholarship.

But, a player or two or the end of the bench this season will read the writing on the wall and not return next year.  It happens.

And when it does, no doubt ORU will sign some diamond-in-the-rough that no other D-1 offered and that none of us saw on the radar, aka Warren Niles or Michael Craion.

That always happens, too...

ORUalum. He did in fact come to the game on Saturday. He looked happy and from what I know he enjoyed his visit.

• 2 months later...

sounds like he might have some outside game too...

saw him at the Baylor game...big solid young man.  the funny thing was that he was sitting in the first row right behind the Baylor bench.

So why is he coming to ORU and not Baylor?....just sayin'.... :nerd:

Scott Drew is after bigger fish; he swims in the big pond. Owens looks like a nice prospect for us. He has size and some skill - and is a good student. It is hard to coach size.

So why is he coming to ORU and not Baylor?....just sayin'.... :nerd:

ORUTerry is right...i think they must have showed up early and picked the wrong bench to sit behind.