Albert Owens

orumbb_insider

LOL...love it....we will gladly take a big 6-9 kid who has 1100 on his SATs..... :clap:

2015 Believe Prep (SC) SF David Burrell claims offers from URI, Oral Roberts, and Marshall.

— Brian Flinn (@F150Bflinn)

January 13, 2014

Burrell also claimed interest from Tenneessee, Nebraska, Morehead State, Wichita State, Southern Illinois, and Oregon State.

— Brian Flinn (@F150Bflinn)

January 13, 2014

We were recruiting Burrell when he was at Milwaukee (Hamilton HS) - now he is at a prep academy in South Carolina. Looks like we might have 'found' him, but now he is getting lots of attention. His class is listed as 2014 on the ESPN site. Hamilton HS was 22-3 last year and Burrell averaged 14.6 ppg.

• 3 weeks later...

Through 21 games, Albert Owens is averaging 22.5 points per game and 12.9 rebounds per game per the Dallas Morning News.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

This is a bit late, but Trinity Christian lost to Houston Westbury in the TAPPS 4-A final game on March 1st, 70 to 54. Albert Owens scored 26 points (48% of the team's scoring) and pulled down 10 rebounds in the game.

DMN story

I know that Owens comes from a small school, but he is listed at 6'9" and 265 pounds - and we can use all of the size we can get. He is also a good student. He has the making of a very good player for ORU.

The loss came despite a big game from Owens, a four-year starter and signee with Oklahoma.

I sent a correction request to their editor. 

I didn't catch that. Guess they just assumed he was going there. I am sure other schools wish they had recruited/signed him.

Albert Owens has probably spent a lot of his high school career double teamed or more  -  and still has found a way to score.