Richard Fuqua in Hospital

orumom

Oh my...isn't it time that OT made an honest woman out of his lady?.....TheEagleman can attest that love can be a lot better the 2nd time around.....but just to keep on topic....hoping that #24 is feeling a lot better today!!!...... :wasntme:

Ran into Richard on Saturday night in a south Tulsa restaurant.  He and wife Gaysha were out for dinner with former ORU star Larry Baker and his wife.  And I must say, even though he was moving slowly and using a cane, Richard seemed like his old self.  We spent about 20 minutes talking AAU basketball in the Tulsa area while waiting for our tables, and he was asking about ORU's prospects this year (I tried to sugarcoat that).  He said he spent SIX WEEKS in hospital rehab, but all in all , he appeared well on the way to recovery to me.

(By the way, a big shoutout to ORU Hall of Famer Michael Hairston, who I heard took the time to deliver food and visit with Richard several times during his stay in the hospital.  Way to go, Michael!!)

Thank you for the great update.  Now I'll be watching BTW too for our next Fuqua.

• 8 years later...

It's been almost a decade for this thread...how is Richard Fuqua doing healthwise?....and is OT married yet?  😎

Geez, dude - a decade worth of previous posts to choose from, and a thread with THIS heading is the one you pick??

Doubt I'm the only one who clicked it with some concern, only to realize it's old news...not cool.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

It's been almost a decade for this thread...how is Richard Fuqua doing healthwise?....and is OT married yet?  😎

Wrigley Roster Jenga: Patience is a Virtue

Exactly why TheEagleman dredged this one up.....sorry to upset anyone who thought ORU HOFer Rich Fuqua was in trouble....to my knowledge he is not......but really concerned about the "Fiance" for OT.....she must be a very patient lady....👍

52 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Exactly why TheEagleman dredged this one up.....sorry to upset anyone who thought ORU HOFer Rich Fuqua was in trouble....to my knowledge he is not......but really concerned about the "Fiance" for OT.....she must be a very patient lady....👍

...almost as patient as I am with you.

s reactions photo GIF

See the source image         and then.....See the source image

• Haha 4

TheEagleman offers sincere apologies to Old Titan for dredging up this topic....surely OT's personal life is his own business and that privacy must be respected....wishing OT and his lady all the best now and in whatever the future may bring. We all love you, OT!!!   👍

9 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman offers sincere apologies to Old Titan for dredging up this topic....surely OT's personal life is his own business and that privacy must be respected....wishing OT and his lady all the best now and in whatever the future may bring. We all love you, OT!!!   👍

Believe me, my umbrage was strictly limited to the Richard Fuqua hospitalization reference.

Just relieved to learn the "The Mad Bomber" has not suffered another medical incident!