Southland Tournament

theeagleman5

Well....here we are on the eve of our first Southland Baseball Tournament......this ain't like the old days when we pretty much knew for sure that we were going to sweep thru the Summit Tournament....there are seven other baseball teams all capable of winning.....wondering if tomorrow vs. SFA will be Alex Gonzalez' final appearance in an ORU uniform.....let's hope that the boys can get him a few runs and we can move on in the winners bracket.....otherwise, it's an uphill climb.....Go Blue!..... :eagles:

3-1 ORU thru 4

"Oral Roberts RHP Alex Gonzalez sitting 90-92 here in Sugar Land in front of about 50 scouts" -- Keith Law

Alex did not pitch well today, but he did get the win 4-2.  Trujillo pitched the 7th and Garza the last two. 

Boss went out with an injury.  I hope he is able to return.  :(

Next round tomorrow at 4 pm.

Really big win from the Golden Eagles.  In essentially a "must-win" with the top hurler in the conference on the mound, ORU survived:

1) a 9 am start time with a 530 wake-up call

2) Cheech's worst start of the year, with only 1K and 5 walks in six innings

3) giving up a run on a walk, sac, wild pitch, wild pitch

4) a debacle in the fifth, when the Eagles had runners on second and third with no outs, with the clean-up hitter at the plate... and came up empty

5) a wrist injury to DH Tyler Boss 

6) a botched double play which should have ended the game, and allowed the soon-to-be first round pick and Southland MVP to come to the plate as the tying run

7) memories of SFA stealing two games in April on walk-offs

This should be a huge momentum builder for the team - and I still believe we have the pitching and defense to take us to (and through) Saturday's championship game.  There's no doubt our best performance is still to come!

TheEagleman is glad to hear that we won, 4-2 despite the mediocre outing by Gonzalez....Boss' injury could really hurt....let's hope he's back on Thursday......Go Blue!.... :clap:

Nice win by the good guys. We play TAMCC, who beat UCA, on Thursday. Big game tomorrow.

Great win! Lets get another tomorrow and then sit in the driver's seat heading into Friday.

I guess Bowen goes in game 2 vs. TX A&M-CC??.....this is a really big one for ORU to win....any word on Boss?..... :sweat:

Gametracker ... Does anyone know if the Southland conference provides a "Gametracker" type statistical feed for the Tournament games?   I found one yesterday on the S F Austin website, but don't see one for today's game?

Just "FYI" ... GameTracker ... I found a link for A&M Corpus Christi for our 4:00 Thursday game ... http://livestats.prestosports.com/tamucc/     As Geoff said on the radio, there is no internet access at the stadium ... He is broadcasting on his Cell Phone.    But, somehow Corpus Christi got their gametracker up and running.

ORU up 3-0 in the 3rd inning.....go Blue!..... :eagles:

ORU still up 3-0 on TX A&M-CC in the 4th...I see that Boss is not playing today.....Drew Bowen still has given up no hits thru 4..... :nerd:

Bowen brought his best stuff today.  ORU struggling to execute sac bunts -- only 1 for 3 so far.

ORU 6....TX A&M-CC 1....now in the 8th inning....Bowen has given up just 3 hits..... :nerd: