2013-2014 Schedule

Old Titan

I think the last time we played them, we ruined the (re)opening of their remodeld arena (the Roundhouse). If I remember correctly that was the Caleb Green/Ken Tutt era.

Shocker fan here

It wasn't the re-opening but it was our first loss after the remodel.  The game was in late December after we had played there a couple of times.

I'm looking forward to our game with you guys, it's a huge step up in the guarantee game department considering some of the SWAC schools we've gotten in the past.  I wouldn't be opposed to playing @ ORU every once in a while for multiple reasons, but I think our home-and-home series with Tulsa currently fills our desire for a close proximity game.  I don't see a game @ ORU ever happening unless Tulsa leaves the schedule and that agreement runs through 2016 and has already been extended once, wouldn't be surprised to see it last a while.

Sorry about that - I remember the game (Dec 2005) but got some of the details wrong.

I would love to see us continue playing the Shockers. It is a close game game against a very good opponent. Marshal has maintained/elevated the program and the community support in the Wichita area is phenomenal. Their arena is always packed and it is a great place to experience a basketball game.

Heh heh.....let's face it....The Shockers won't come to Mabee Center for fear of getting their A$$ kicked....so what the heck....let's just go up and do it in Wichita......then again....on second thought....maybe this isn't the year...... :|

1. Wichita St has that program really hitting on all cylinders right now. Recruiting has picked up and they are getting Big 12 caliber guys that they didnt get before. The coach has stayed and past up very good opportunities also. Making good $$ there and they are loaded again this year. Got a bunch of tough minded players who don't back down and are really physical. They are the premier team in that conference now that Creighton is gone.

Geez....thanks, Darren....we will mark this one down as an L...... :sweat:

Didn't say ORU couldn't beat them. :) just a mid major that is doing very well right now.

Agree completely with your take on the Shockers. 

WSU has made major leaps in the last few seasons under Marshall - really took off when they won the postseason NIT in 2011.

Yeah....Wichita State is at the top rung of mid-majors....something to be said for getting the right coach...... :nerd:

$1.75 million?....geez....that's a lot of greenbacks for a school like Wichita State.....Coach Sutton would be excited just to get about 1/3 of that...... |(

Good points, DJ......plus, what else is there to do in Wichita on a Saturday night in November thru February?...on second thought....on any Saturday night of the year for that matter............... :razz: