Wichita St. 8 ORU 0

theeagleman5

What can I say?....we stunk tonight..... :puke:

ONE hit?....are you kidding me?....this has been a tough season.....maybe Coach Walton knew what he was doing when he went to OSU?...... :nerd:

The article in the Tulsa World today referenced the injuries the team has dealt with, but clearly those backups filling in for the injured players aren't fully getting the job done. The pitching overall has been strong, but the hitting has been somewhat poor. According to the article the team hitting average is .233 and the best hitter has a .286 average. The tough schedule, injuries, and change in bats (a couple years ago) have not helped, but to not even have a .300 hitter on the team is pretty bad.

I know they are giving their best effort, but they will need to recruit some better hitters for next year. I have been hoping they could catch fire toward the end of the conference season and get their record at least back to .500 but it is looking fairly unrealistic for that to happen. I believe there is not a dominant team in the Southland however, so they are still capable of winning the Southland tournament with the quality starting pitching on the team.

Dream on, Jason............ |(

• Upvote 1

Dream on, Jason............ |(

Somehow, this doesn't align with "Expect a Miracle".   :wasntme:

And, even though it may seem far-fetched, I do agree with Jason.  While our record is poor, our starting pitching has the potential to be overpowering, and pitching is VERY significant in a conference tournament.  Even if our bats never come to life, the quartet of Gonzalez, Bowen, Zufall and Giller have what it takes to win the four straight games necessary to win the tournament.

TheEagleman still believes....just trying to be realistic...... :!: