ORU nets Connors St. transfer Henderson

ORUalum

LINK

Connors State announced Wednesday that two of its players had signed letters of intent with Division I programs and one of them - 6-foot-7 forward Denell Henderson - signed with Oral Roberts University.

Henderson, who is from Twin Groves, Ark., picked ORU over Central Arkansas.

"My mother (Denise Tyus) had a big impact in me selecting ORU," said Henderson, who averaged 10.2 points in two years at Connors State. "It was close to home and I have family members that could come watch me play."

Henderson said he "fell in love" with ORU and the surroundings and the coaching staff.

"It's just a nice place," he said.

Stats

Sounds like a nice pick up for ORU....he appears to have some inside muscle and could be a nice replacement for DBH....we needed a PF.....theEagleman hopes that this is the right kid.... :nerd:

he looks like a Southland big man...a bit undersized but beefy ala Taylor Smith at SFA

thumbs_img_1905.jpg

Six.

Seven.

Two.

Thirty.

"Now, THAT'S what I'M talkin' 'bout!!" :rock:

Sure hope this guy can play - he may be the key to the entire season next year.

• Upvote 1

Henderson looks nasty in the photo above....let's hope that he also plays nasty.....ORU needs that badly..... :nerd:

With this signing and the PG that played football, looks to me like the staff is making a concerted effort to bring in more toughness.

Couple the new guys with Obi and Billbury (tough kids) and the entire personality of the team may be different next year...

With this signing and the PG that played football, looks to me like the staff is making a concerted effort to bring in more toughness.

Couple the new guys with Obi and Billbury (tough kids) and the entire personality of the team may be different next year...

Which is what I've always felt our approcah to opponents should be:   Beat 'em up, then church 'em up.

What we need to do is find a 1980's ex-football coach and employ him as an assitant "strenght" coach.  Then in the off-season he can teach the boys the proper techniques of delivering chop-blocks, elbows, taking out your opponents knees, etc.  That way our team can really get physical next year.  JK!  :?:

Even our best teams have typically lacked bruisers.

When programs like Stephen F. Austin and Weber State are starting to push you around, it's time to get tougher.

Boy is that music to TheEagleman's ears....typically ORU teams have not played "tough" since Caleb Green and Ken Tutt graduated.....we need to get a lot more physical if we expect to win the Southland and get back to the dance....with Singleton, Henderson, Obi and Billbury we are headed in the right direction..... :nerd: