It's about time!

Titansoccer

i'm not sure we should have posts impugning the character of our coaches and AD based on rumor, but i'll let the moderators decide that.  if there was a news article to back up the allegation, i would have no problem with discussing the issue and criticizing the powers that be in the athletic dept.

having said that, i will say that during my time at ORU, it was obvious that honor code violations were selectively enforced(/not enforced) against athletes and children of regents of the university.

Amen to that!....and TheEagleman always wondered back in the 70's how Anthony Roberts used to afford that new Cadillac he drove around in when he had no job and his wife was an administrative associate in the Prayer Tower..... :wasntme:

The purpose of this message board is not to toss around rumors or impugn the reputations of either players OR coaches. Neither are we here to serve as an enforcement committee to the Honor Code. We'll allow those in positions of authority to make those decisions.

Messages based on rumors like the one posted yesterday (which has been removed) will not be tolerated, regardless of however many Honor Code violations we can pull up from the past. If such issues become newsworthy, as ORUalum pointed out, then we can discuss them. But ORUSports.com will not be used as an ORU version of the National Inquirer.

If there are ANY QUESTIONS regarding rules for appropriate posting please see "ORU Sports Guidelines."

i'm not sure we should have posts impugning the character of our coaches and AD based on rumor, but i'll let the moderators decide that.  if there was a news article to back up the allegation, i would have no problem with discussing the issue and criticizing the powers that be in the athletic dept.

having said that, i will say that during my time at ORU, it was obvious that honor code violations were selectively enforced(/not enforced) against athletes and children of regents of the university.

I don't think Tulsa news outlets would care about this topic nor put time, effort and money into investigating and reporting such.  Furthermore, just because something is printed in the local newspaper, doesn't justify its credibility.  Newspapers contain a lot of hear-say and rumors. Only rumors that make the newspaper are qualified to be discussed on a blog?