Taylor Cooper Requests Transfer

SOLO_Gold

One coach is very fond of giving the "STAR" treatment to certain players and treating the rest like second class citizens. Thus the VERY HIGH turnover rate.

One coach does not.

I know of what I speak. I am going to try to keep this discussion, nice.

I'm not trying to take it anywhere inappropriate by any means at all! Maybe you have some inside info that I don't know about, but in one season, the current coaching staff managed to "turnover" 8 total players! I can't count 8 players that asked for transfers in the last 10 years! There very well could have been but I certainly can not think of their names!

It seems like there will be a ton of new faces next year! If Cooper isn't back, voice, who do you see being the fave and leader of the team next year? Christian? Sarah? Detti or Jenny? Ur thoughts

At the conclusion of the 2003-04 season the following players asked and were granted their releases: Amanda Stone, Erin Menard, Kendall Cunningham, Kelli Inman, Syephanie Clark. There may have been one more but her name escapes me.

I'm willing to bet between 25 and 30 players left the program during my 10 years at ORU. Do some research. The numbers are overwhelming.

At the conclusion of the 2003-04 season the following players asked and were granted their releases: Amanda Stone, Erin Menard, Kendall Cunningham, Kelli Inman, Syephanie Clark. There may have been one more but her name escapes me.

I'm willing to bet between 25 and 30 players left the program during my 10 years at ORU. Do some research. The numbers are overwhelming.

Yes. Overwhelming. Most years (over the past 15) there were multiple defections.

I don't even recognize any of those girls names!!!!! Voice, I am curious, all of your negative posting all refer to the past 15 years or so, did you and fink have a beef or what? You certainly can't argue with his results, I mean his accomplishments were all greater than any other women's coach and far greater than suttons!

What is your beef with him

I don't even recognize any of those girls names!!!!! Voice, I am curious, all of your negative posting all refer to the past 15 years or so, did you and fink have a beef or what? You certainly can't argue with his results, I mean his accomplishments were all greater than any other women's coach and far greater than suttons!

What is your beef with him

No beef. Just stating the facts.

And, I look at more than results. Yes, he won at a nice clip and knows the game of basketball. No question. But, there were many negatives, as well. Not a beef. Just a fact.

What is your beef with Misti?

What in the world makes you think I have an issue with misti? Everything I have mentioned regarding this post is all info that is out in the news! I think misti and her staff has done and will continue to do a great job! I've never had a bad thin to say about misti

• 2 months later...

The worst kept secret has now been announced.  Anybody know where she landed?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Sports_FYI/20130629_29_B2_hBaseb996786

Cooper leaves ORU: Oral Roberts announced Friday that Taylor Cooper has transferred and will no longer be part of the women's basketball program. Cooper started in all 31 games as a freshman for the Golden Eagles, averaging 10.4 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.

Definitely disappointing but certainly expected.  I still don't really understand why she is leaving when she would have been a marquee player on this team for the next 3 years.  It just makes me wonder what her real reason is for leaving.

I may end up being wrong, but I suspect that wherever she ends up the grass will not be as greener as she thinks, and 4 years down the road she will look back and regret her decision to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

according to her twitter profile, it's Texas A&M.

after starting 31 games as a freshman, it will be interesting to see if she starts 31 games the remainder of her career at A&M.