Catholic 7 could be catalyst of another chain reaction (USA Today)

SOLO_Gold

The MVC is now a single bid league. I doubt Marshall stays at WSU much longer.

This move only helped the Horizon (who lost Loyola) & the WCC (who is now the premeire mid-major in terms of RPI).

The Horizon should waste no time naming Oakland to replace Loyola.  That's a no-brainer.

Which, if their university presidents are involved, probably means they won't do it.

School presidents seem compelled to overthink their roles in decisions like these - they just have to show-off those big ol' craniums.

“@studurando: In regard to Missouri Valley search for a new member, I'm told Belmont wasn't interested and Oral Roberts was not of interest to the league.â€

well, there you have it...just too soon to ORU's recent struggles.

the possible flirtation was entertaining message board fodder for a few weeks, but ORU still has much work to do on it's image and there is room for improvement in their new league. 

i'd still rather be in the Southland than the Summit.

• Upvote 1

So Loyola suddenly decides that, for the first time ever, they will commit themselves to athletics AND deliver the city of Chicago? What stopped them from doing that in the Horizon, even in the years when that conference was rated higher? Both sides must have did some major ego-stroking/lying during those meetings.