ORU Presidential Search

TrueBlue82

This e-mail was sent to ORU employees today:

Dear Faculty and Staff,

The Presidential Search Committee has selected a Presidential candidate that will be presented to the Board at the Board of Trustees meeting January 29-31.

We are grateful for the prayers and support that we have felt over the past several months and ask that you continue your prayers for the candidate and the Board of Trustees.

Mart Green

ORU Board Chair

Late breaking news....It is NOT TheEagleman...... :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

i'm just surprised that they would go the televangelist route again.  i would have liked to see them bring in someone a bit younger and more dynamic and definately with more of an academic pedigree.  this guy looks like someone that should be running a bible college and not a liberal arts university.  i'm also worried that he will not have a vision of athletics at ORU.

having said that, we'll see how it works out...the Greens have made billions of dollars so i guess they know a thing or two about hiring good people. 

• Upvote 2

i'm just surprised that they would go the televangelist route again.  i would have liked to see them bring in someone a bit younger and more dynamic and definately with more of an academic pedigree.  this guy looks like someone that should be running a bible college and not a liberal arts university.  i'm also worried that he will not have a vision of athletics at ORU.

having said that, we'll see how it works out...the Greens have made billions of dollars so i guess they know a thing or two about hiring good people. 

Let's just wait till 3 PM. There are other names surfacing as well. We'll get the straight answer at 3. It may be this guy, but it could be someone else. Let's just wait and see.

I have a feeling that Wilson's son was not supposed to announce his dad's selection as President. His tweet has been pulled down.

Let's just wait till 3 PM. There are other names surfacing as well. We'll get the straight answer at 3. It may be this guy, but it could be someone else. Let's just wait and see.

Agreed

Someone PLEASE give us some positive input about this selection. I've been looking for something - anything! - about this guy ever since he was named. So far, nothing.

Someone help me out here.

The tweet WAS accurate.  Billy Wilson is ORU President-Elect.

After my post I searched his name on twitter and found half a dozen posts similar to his son's from all over the country. At that point I figured it must be true.

So now that he's been selected, tell me WHY he was selected.

The feedback I'm seeing and hearing is mainly frustration and disappointment, mostly because he's a minister instead of a businessman or an academician. I have also seen some outright anger as well. It's a peculiar choice for sure.

• Upvote 1

He may be a perfect choice, and I'm certainly willing to give him a chance. But I'm still curious to find out how Billy Wilson rose to the top of the list.

He may be a perfect choice, and I'm certainly willing to give him a chance. But I'm still curious to find out how Billy Wilson rose to the top of the list.

Mart Green...just guessing...giving over 100 million pretty much ensures that you get to pick the president.

I agree he might be the perfect choice, but why the charade of hiring a national search firm.  I hope he realizes that ORU is full university and not just a school of theology.

• Upvote 1