Evangel

theeagleman5

Sure sounds like Old Timer has an ax to grind......so why not take it somewhere else, huh?....the act is already getting a bit tiresome after just 10 posts....... |(

Based on the overall tone of the posts, would not surprise me one bit to learn that "Old Timer" is actually one of the three generations of Finkbeiners that have coached at ORU in the past decade.

I say ban whoever it is - he/she is obviously mired in the recent past, has a severe axe to grind in the present, and has no apparent interest in the future of ORU women's basketball.

It's time to move on: "The Fink Is Dead - Long Live The Cuse".

Just an aside....Coach Fink and Utah State are 2-7 after yesterday's 39 point drubbing at the hands of #5 Notre Dame......ouch!..... :nerd:

eagleman, why do you still talk about fink? He is gone, let him go, he isn't coming back..... Find another man-crush brother!

:* :* :*

This is my first and I plan it to be my last post on this forum.

My daughter is proud to be playing for Coach Cussen. We have appreciated all that she has brought to Kevi's world of basketball and life!! She has been a vital part of ORU women's basketball recruiting. She was there the first time Kevi stopped by for a quick visit on the way to another Oklahoma university. She was a part of welcoming her and was present everytime Kevi came to campus. I will never forget the day when I brought Kevi in after her last broken bone in her right hand. Coach Cussen gave the first words of assurance. She told Kevi she could still sign her letter of intent with her left hand. She has alway been kind and gracious to anyone looking into what is ORU women's basketball. On another visit she keyed in on who she suspected Kevi was as a Christian young woman and what ORU could offer her in that aspect of her life, as opposed to the other schools that she had been visiting. She told her of the younger girls that already knew of Kevi and those from Oklahoma that Kevi could touch with her testimony and example as a Christian athlete.

It aggravated me to read others trying to discredit her behind a faceless user name and thought it important for others to know she was present and influential in past recruitment. I have watched these past three years how she has been the cog to turn the wheel in many facets of this program.

Kevi is her player and Coach Cussen is her Coach. No question to it. We appreciate and love her!!

While I am taking this moment please know that at times when you make remarks on this board that include the lives and talents of others, it may be a passing comment to you. However, to those of us that look to the board hoping to see that fans are enjoying the hard work of our loved ones, know that those comments whether bad or good cut to the heart. The good is heartwarming and the disparaging (direct or indirect) leaves one at a loss. There is a difference in snide and athletic commentary. These athletes work hard and NOTHING is given to them. They play through aches and pains that they play through, the ups and downs that come with the game. They have times without rest as they keep up their grades, while keeping a tough day to day schedule. This alone deserves a pat on the back. Yes they are having their education paid for and for that they are thankful and they put in the work day to day.

Kevi chose ORU after spending time praying and getting to know the coaches that believed in her and were continuously there for her. She hoped to give God glory with her talents through a Christian college. In the last year of her career here, she still hopes to shine as much light on Christ as her talents will allow, alongside her coaches, her fellow teammates and Oral Roberts University.

Thank you Coach Cussen for being here for all four years with my daughter!!

• Upvote 1

I think we'll give Mrs. Luper the last word in this discussion. This thread is going nowhere good, and I'm going to lock it at this point.