Evangel

theeagleman5

How come yesterday's blowout win over Evangel went without a mention on this board?...TheEagleman would have expected the ladies Bball fanatics to at least have had some comment on a 60 point blow out.....looks like they had a nice crowd of 4000+ for the early game and Coach Cussin was able to clear the bench....Kevi had 21....would have been nice to see her get at least 30-35 to help her on the way to a possible 3000..... :nerd:

It is apparent that coach Cussen wants to hold the torch. Would hate for one of her players to do to well and get all the credit!

It is apparent that coach Cussen wants to hold the torch. Would hate for one of her players to do to well and get all the credit!

Man, I REALLY hope this is sarcasm.

Otherwise - *sigh*.... :doh:

Fink is gone. I don't get the negativity toward Coach Cussen. I suspect she will be a good recruiter. She closed the deal with Taylor Cooper when she replaced Fink and now Taylor is starting as a freshman. She is very well spoken and has a great basketball mind. I suspect she will be very successful at ORU for many years to come.

• Upvote 1

-1 for Old Timer....TheEagleman would have given him a -100 but hard to take the new OT serious with only 7 total posts....maybe when the guy will get wiser when he gets some much needed board "experience" ....... |(

Jason, the old coach recruited Taylor Copper, I know that for a fact. He also recruited, Sarah Shelton, Kevi Luper (regardless of whether or not Coach Cussen takes credit for it in an ESPN.COM article), Jaci Bigham, Detti Balla, Emma Gade. Coach Cussen recruited Elizabeth Daniels and Felicia Archilefu (5'9 post player that averages 3 minutes a game)

Fink did recruit Cooper! I guess it's time to play "Who am I" with OldTimer. Sounds like He/She may have some insider info or know someone close to the program..... He was right, he is opinionated for sure!

Ah yes. The old "play your star player for 40 minutes, even though you're up 60 points, to let her pad her stats and don't let other players log game minutes" argument. I LOVE THAT ONE!

It's amazing that some of you aren't D-1 basketball coaches?!?

Oh, and don't get me started on the recruiting discussion. You folks don't want to go there. Trust me.

Oh, voice, you seem to think you have all the answers! Are you coaching D-1, no. You get to announce the players at the start of the game!! What does that make you? Oh, you also sell promotional materials, does that make you a D-1 coach? No! So lets have this recruiting discussion, you couldn't hold your own weight in this conversation.... And for your info, I did coach D-1 basketball back in the day and could provide plenty of insight

Once Fink was out of the picture Taylor Cooper could have chosen to get out from her letter of intent and re-open her recruiting but Coach Cussen "re-recruited" her and convinced her to stay with her commitment.

In effect that was her first recruiting challenge as head coach, she pulled it off, and now the team is greatly benefitting from her presence.

Maybe Old Timer is Ken Trickey......oh yeah....too late...... :nerd:

Curious to know how u would know this Jason?

Right after Finkbeiner left ORU, the re-recruitment of Taylor Cooper received some media coverage. I will link to an article below that covered a lot of details about it.What I forgot about was that Taylor Cooper said she would only keep her commitment to ORU if Misti Cussen was named the head coach.

http://newsok.com/high-schools-shawnee-star-taylor-cooper-will-stick-with-commitment-to-oru/article/3671114#ixzz1tYxGVzfo

so she made those decisions on her own... Finkbeiner recruited her to ORU, Not Cussen. Yes, she got to know the coaching staff and made the decision to stay if Cussen was the coach, whom she knew by Finkbeiner recruiting her. Kind of like Cussen taking credit for recruiting Luper in the ESPN.COM article. Cussen had nothing to do with Luper coming to ORU. It was all Eric Eli

So are we looking to criticize Cussen because, in her role as #2 Coach behind Fink, she didn't single handedly recruit the entire team? I'm sure Coach Cussen played an instrumental role in many players selecting ORU - whether or not she was the primary contact.

From this year forward, Coach Cussen and her new staff will rightly be held accountable for the team's line up and performance. Let's judge her perfomance moving forward - not looking back.

I think meeting with a prospective player and convincing her to attend ORU is the best example of recruiting I can think of. I think that is exactly what the article says Coach Cussen did.

There have been many situations where a player decommits and reopens their recruiting but Misti prevented that from happening. That was Misti's first recruiting job which occurred during the process of her becoming the head coach.

Without her efforts Taylor would not be at ORU. It is blatantly obvious that Misti's first recruiting effort was a success and I am very curious as to why as a "fan" of ORU you would be hesitant to give credit where it is due.

Regardless of who recruited her, she is playing at ORU!!! Enough said. Jason, you said there have been many situations where a player decommits and reopens their recruiting but Misti prevented that..... If they already decommitted and reopened their recruiting then it was already done. Misti, at that point would have had to RE-RECRUIT them. Possibly what happened with Cooper! Yay for coach cussen, happy to have cooper for sure, she will be a great 4 year player