ORU at Missouri State

theeagleman5

One good reason NOT to be in the MVC is having to deal with boneheads like Crazy Legs....TheEagleman feels that we should give the Southland a try for a while and see how it goes....but surely we will run into some strange fans there as well who will be lurkers on our board.....looking forward to starting up with the conference games in January.... :nerd:

ORU to the MVC will not happen. i don't think the MVC would ever extend an offer and like Jason said ORU would have to make a much bigger commitment of money for athletics. the Southland is a good fit for ORU as it continues to strengthen it's bottom line and it's reputation following the reign of the previous president.

having said that, i enjoy it when ORU plays the likes of WSU and Mo. State. credit to them for scheduling us in baseball and occasionaly in basketball.

ORU to the MVC will not happen. i don't think the MVC would ever extend an offer and like Jason said ORU would have to make a much bigger commitment of money for athletics. the Southland is a good fit for ORU as it continues to strengthen it's bottom line and it's reputation following the reign of the previous president.

having said that, i enjoy it when ORU plays the likes of WSU and Mo. State. credit to them for scheduling us in baseball and occasionaly in basketball.

I enjoy it even more when we OPEN UP A CAN OF WHOOP ASS on the likes of WSU and (Southwest) Missouri State.

Which reminds me that, even though the loss still stings, it's pretty cool that our little ol' underfunded basketball program gave OU all they wanted Wednesday night, considering Sooners head coach Lon Kruger's salary is somewhere in the neighborhood of OUR ENTIRE ANNUAL BUDGET for men's basketball.

• Upvote 2

MO State was never a "Sweet 16 team" as much as it was a "team that made a run to the Sweet 16"...Once. 13 years ago. And never before that.

All the things said about Tulsa are usually what I hear the rest of the world saying about Springfield and Wichita.

They need to just build a shrine to Steve Alford and get it over with.

Other than that, I enjoyed kicking the crap out of them for the 2nd straight year.

• Upvote 1

Yeah...ORU needs a rich alumnus sugar daddy to fund the athletic program like Boone Pickens....it's not gonna be TheEagleman but surely there must be someone out there....Kathy Lee Gifford maybe?.... :nerd: ....and the Previous President?....refresh an old Eagleman's memory....who was that again?...... :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Bump:
“@MVCfans: @CornfieldBison @domizzowday If Creighton leaves, I'd guess MVC looks at Oral Roberts, Milwaukee, & Murray State first. Anything's possibleâ€

Playing baseball for Indiana State, I would love to see us in the Mo Valley but can we financially make it ? I believe we

could compete. More likely Murry State would be a better fit. Never say Never. Being from Evansville, I would say bring it on! :muscle: 

Not anytime soon - can't afford what it would take to be competitive in all sports (example? see: "Valparaiso Move To Horizon League").

You really don't think we could be "competitive" in the Valley? How important is it to be competitive (or top-tier) in every sport from the get-go? In my mind the primary goal of athletics at a university level is to develop student athletes and ultimately raise the profile of your university in hopes of increasing enrollment, giving, etc. . . which will lead to something more significant for a Christian university like ORU. 

I find it hard to believe that any sports will do more to accomplish that than basketball and baseball (which we would be competitive in). I may be missing something super obvious here, so feel free to correct me. 

The Valpo example isn't going to work for much longer. Not sure how their other sports did, but in the sport that garners the most visibility and made them "famous", basketball, they seem to be doing okay. After all, they were the 2012 Horizon conference regular season champs. 

In all fairness to Valpo, they couldn't really handle being competitive in more than one sport in the Mid-Con. :razz:

What was that Commissioner's Cup tally again? 9-0?

In all fairness to Valpo, they couldn't really handle being competitive in more than one sport in the Mid-Con. :razz:

What was that Commissioner's Cup tally again? 9-0?

:-D