ORU at Missouri State

theeagleman5

This has been a tough week for TheEagleman and a lot of the ORU faithful.....I didn't expect us to beat Charlotte or Belmont....but we played the Bruins hard and coulda won that game......then of course the OU game where again a loss was expected.....but then having a double digit lead with nine minutes left on our home court and letting another win get away.....we are 3-4 but really could be 5-2......those last two losses really sting.....the bad news is that now our boys are 3-4 and headed for the road again in a building where we haven't had much recent success......JQH Arena is a tough place to play and our guys still have to be hurting from the OU loss.....but the good news is that Missouri State just isn't that good....they are struggling at 2-4 and the only wins are against non D-1 schools....they did take South Carolina to OT so we will need to play solid basketball in order to win....if we play like we did vs. OU......we should handle these guys......TheEagleman thinks it will be a tough close game....but we have Niles, Tree and Glover and I expect big efforts from all three....we need to protect the ball and not provide the home team with a ton of turnovers....if we do that....we win.....Niles gets about 24 and Tree and Glover combine for another 30 or so.....ORU comes home with a hard fought 71-67 win..... :nerd:

We really need a win today to get back to .500....a loss puts us at 3-5 and unlikely that we can get back to .500 for the start of the conference season in January....so this is a biggie....let's hope that our guys go to Springfield prepared to play some good all around basketball..... :nerd:

here it is...------

no app needed.

i did not post because someone complained last year that they have offensive ads. they don't show up with my ad blocker. let me know if the ads are bad and i will delete the link after you get it.

Holy Cow!!! Weezy and ORU are on fire. great half of basketball on both ends of the court.

YEAH....ORU kicking butt....40-15 at half....looks like an easy win tonight.....the Bears must really be struggling this season.....Niles with 19....Glover 8 and Tree 7.....Warren also with 7 boards might get a double double.....Go Blue!.... :clap:

ORU coasts to a 72-52 win at Missouri State....a much needed victory that ends a tough 3 game losing streak....Niles leads with 21.....Glover 14 and DBH with 12.....next up is another road trip to Texas St. who got beat at home last nite by Utah 74-69.....Congrats to the GoldenEagles today!,,,,,, :clap:

Good guys win it 72-52 in a game that wasn't even that close: ORU had a 72-to-30-something lead at one point, I think, before playing the last eight minutes or so with reserves.

D.J. Jackson started in place of Korey Bilbury at point - looks that he will be the man out top from now on. Korey will be a sixth man all around the perimeter, ala Kelvin Sango.

ANY road win is a GREAT WIN (but...man! Missouri State REALLY sucks!).

Maybe they should bring back Barry Hinson!

If we can do that to Missouri State, surely we can beat Southwest Texas (sorry, Texas State now) at home. I'll be there Wednesday to bring home the W.

• Upvote 1

How far the mighty have fallen. They made Barry's life MISERABLE up there because he couldn't get them back to the Sweet Sixteen - or even to the tournament, I believe.

Even so, maybe things weren't as bad at they believed under Barry.

2 or 3 years ago Missouri State was rocking with Cuonzo Martin as head coach. Things have taken a turn since he left.

For sure...I wonder if the Bears' faithful regret them getting rid of Barry....seems like they were always in contention for an NCAA bid when he was coach...now things have gone down the drain at Missouri State and they have that nice big 11,000 seat arena....gonna be tough to fill now but they still had 6400+ last night to watch them get pasted by ORU.....then again, what else is there to do in Springfield, Mo on a Saturday night?.... |(

For sure...I wonder if the Bears' faithful regret them getting rid of Barry....seems like they were always in contention for an NCAA bid when he was coach...now things have gone down the drain at Missouri State and they have that nice big 11,000 seat arena....gonna be tough to fill now but they still had 6400+ last night to watch them get pasted by ORU.....then again, what else is there to do in Springfield, Mo on a Saturday night?.... |(

Geoff said on the broadcast that the actual "in the arena" attendance was closer to 4K. Probably fortunate for the Bears that they had so many no-shows.

Congratulations on whuppin' up on us pretty good. We are pretty much garbage this year so don't get used to the feeling.

We don't need Barry Hinson back. We just need a competent basketball mind on the bench. Don't forget that since you gave us Barry Hinson we went from a Sweet 16 team to a program that was basically walking around the desert in concentric circles when he was done. Don't think that we haven't forgotten how your little gift turned out. He is a good man I wish him well at Southern Illinois however.

I want you all badly in the Missouri Valley. And I want you to know that. As much as I despise Tulsa. It reminds me of a Wichita or Springfield that is like 10-15 years behind the times. Almost as if time has forgotten you. But anyhow I think your school, although kind of weird and preachy, would make a fine addition to our conference. I am by no means a person of power or an emissary for the Missouri Valley but perhaps if your fans would be more vocal about wanting the MVC, your administration would work towards it. I think you would enjoy it and the regional rivalries with WSU and Missouri State.

Best wishes in the Southland!

ORU is not "weird and preachy", we did not "give" you Barry Hinson, and Tulsa is not 10-15 years behind Wichita and Springfield. Thanks a lot for the back-handed compliments.

Being in the MVC would be awesome but it would require more $ than we are willing to spend right now to field additional sports. Down the road it is a great goal to shoot for.

• Upvote 1