Missouri State

Holtontulsa

It's been a week of heartbreaking losses for ORU basketball.....another one here by 73-72 in OT.....wow, 40 for Kevi.....she's incredible...... :inlove:

If we just would have switched our defense a couple of times, we'd have won by 20.

Things were going along so smoothly in this thread, voice. You just HAD to stir the pot, huh?

I'm feeling a meltdown coming on . . .

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok, Voice I see you want to poke the bear again with all your brillant comments so here I am to oblige you so you can rest. I don't know what your comments are for when you say, "wish we still had the old coach crowd" is all about. I don't recall saying that I wanted the old coach back at anytime, however; I would like to see some of the successful defense and offense that we did in the past incorporated with the new ideas of the new coaching staff. I think the coaches are doing a fine job. I have been in the workforce for many years and anytime you have a change in personel their is a transition period and kinks must be worked out.

Now back to you, if you could pull your head out and wipe your eyes you could see what others are seeing! Read the ninth paragraph of the Missouri State summary on the ORU Golden Eagles website that summarized the Missouri State game. It said, and I quote, "the Golden Eagles came alive late in the half, using an aggressive zone defense to turn the Bears over and get back in the game." Do you also verbally assault them for saying the dreaded zone word? Do you read in any of their summary they want the old coach back or is it just in mine? Kuddos to all the coaches and the girls hard work last night. I am very proud of our team they played their hearts out! No meltdown here just facts in what I have been saying about using the zone defense a little more because its what our team knows and it works well for them. Would we have won by 20 if we would have played it all night? Don't know but we did have 14 steals and caused 25 turnovers and that sir is much better than the two previous games of only one steal and guess what else? We had transition points!!!!!! Now if you still want to argue with a naive moron with a personal agenda that doesn't watch crappy movies called "Jawanna Mann" I'm up all night. If you want to stop all this with your, I know more than you mentality, then its done. We need to back our coaches and players with respect to other peoples opinions and have a great year! I do sort of like arguing with you because your easy to contradict :* :* . I'm feeling love tonight. (That was saracastic) :wasntme:

• Upvote 1

No need for me to address you past your first point, that you'd like to see more of what the previous coach did. Everything else is moot.

Newsflash...the old coach ain't here anymore. The new coach will run things the way the new coach sees fit.

Me personally, I am fine with that. She is a VERY bright person, as is her staff. My opinion is that when you have a new coach, you let them run their program, their way.

For me, I am of the opinion that you wait to jump on the new coach, until after a season or two.

And another newsflash...we haven't exactly been world-beaters the past few years. It would be TOTALLY different if the old coach was winning 30 games per year and now we can't put our shorts on straight.

From what I have seen the old coach did have plenty of 20 win seasons. The old coach did beat Arkansas Little Rock last year, the old coach did beat Missouri State last year, the old coach did go to 5 NCAA tournaments compared to the 3 the men have been to under their current coach. And voice, since you seem to talk about TU being some sort of stepping stone for the women's program. They did win 3 years ago, two years ago they lost due to a couple of bad turnovers and a missed layup and last year the starting PG was straight off of knee surgery from what I understand. You can say "give the new coach 2 or 3 years" but the new coach has is from the old coaches staff and should know what has worked in the past and what hasn't. After this season, the past 3 years may seem like world beater seasons!

Hey Old Timer....here's the deal....the "old coach" had worn out his welcome and needed to go....it wasn't working any more....TheEagleman wishes Fink well at USU because he seems like a nice guy but so far it's not working there either.....however, it's early in his regime....hopefully ORU will turn it around once we get to the Southland part of the schedule.... :nerd:

I know............ :nerd:

:fubar: Hey , give the new coaches a break. They are a talented group and will produce a winning Women' s program. The last two years Jerry was looking to leave and yes he accomplished alot at ORU. However, this is a new year and the team will be a winner. That's my 2 cents!

....TheEagleman wishes Fink well at USU because he seems like a nice guy but so far it's not working there either.....however, it's early in his regime....

Precisely my point. Fink isn't tearing it up at USU, yet.

Guess what...it takes more than a few games when you have a coaching change!

Perhaps, some of those that think a new coach should do what the old coach did, could cruise on over to the USU message board and suggest that Fink should change his style, to match what the previous coach did at Utah State?!?

I make no bones about it. I am friends with the Cussen's. Have been so, for many years. They are wonderful people. And Misti has been/will continue to be, a great ambassador for the university and the women's basketball program.

Not to mention, very successful...if given a little time to do it her way.

• Upvote 1

Amen, Voice!!!.... :clap: