ORU Alumni Board - Alums from the 1980s

TrueBlue82

I don't mean to hi-jack the Men's Basketball Board for a non-basketball topic, but I know it's often the only one visited.

The ORU Alumni Board is currently holding a election and I have the pleasure/honor of being a nominee for the Board for the years 1980-89. If you graduated in the 80's, and are interested in having a strong supporter of ORU Athletics on the Alumni Board, I'd welcome your support - and any networking you can provide with other alumni from the 80's to promote my candidacy would be greatly appreciated.

To vote, please visit alumni.oru.edu, click on the “Vote Now†link, and log-in to the ORU online community. Voting ends December 5th. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Thanks!

Joel Barker

aka TrueBlue82

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not letting me vote for you ... you must not be old enough!

True - my seat will represent the graduates from the 80's - so you were just too far ahead. But, I did send a note to your brother and sister-in-law! Thanks for trying!

hey 78...give TheEagleman's best to your brother Randy.....used to compete against him and Family back in the early-mid 70's when I was with Street and the original Youngblood....and it wasn't good....they always kicked our butts...... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

As a follow-up - thanks to all of you for taking the time to vote for the ORU Alumni Board.  Your participation made a difference, as I'll be heading to Tulsa at the end of the month to begin my three-term on the Alumni Board and to join in Homecoming festivities!  Much appreciated, everyone! :clap:

• Upvote 2

Congrats to TrueBlue!!!.... :clap:

Quid pro quo, baby - what sort of patronage rewards should those of us who voted for you expect?

The Feds have set the bar pretty high - I'm expecting nothing less that subsidized or FREE tickets to basketball and baseball games for alumni.

Hey....they must have SOME power....which reminds me, Eagle.....I gotta pick up that DoMo bobblehead on my next trip to OKC....lol..... :nerd: