Hurricane Sandy

theeagleman5

Hey guys...say a few prayers for us in the MidAtlantic States over the next couple days, will ya?....this Hurricane Sandy is coming in and will make landfall likely somewhere in NJ within the next 24-36 hours....this could be catastrophic to the Jersey coastal towns and the the entire PA/NJ/DE/NYC area.....TheEagleman is situated just north of Philadelphia and not far from Trenton, NJ....not sure if I will be able to drive to work on Monday and/or Tuesday...my office is in suburban Trenton, NJ......this is going to be a nasty situation for all of us around here.....the rains have started and the winds are picking up right now...expecting that we will likely lose power at some point and who knows for how long....they have told us to prepare for several days to possibly a week with no electricity.....so if you don't hear from TheEagleman....you know what's going on......where is Noah and his Ark when you really need him?.... :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

We'll be praying for you and others in the area, Eagleman. My dad lives on the Outer Banks and, as of this afternoon, things were still OK although they had lost electricity for a couple of hours and their cable is still out. Lots of rain and wind, but they are far enough away from the shoreline that they should be OK from a flooding perspective (can't say the same for their friends living on stilts along the oceanfront).

My friends in West Virginia are looking towards some pretty significant snowfalls in the mountains. I have heard that as much as 40" of snow is expected at Snowshoe - a ski resort in the WV mountains. I'm sure that once they get the roads cleared, those ski operators will be lovin' it!!

We're going to see some staggering property losses from this storm. Wonder if this is the economic recovery plan that we have been expecting?? :?::-D

As long as my cable TV comes back in time to see ORU home games....TheEagleman and Mrs. will be OK....we have lots of water and dry food goods...tomorrow should be interesting....this is an unprecedented storm track...NJ has not taken a direct hit on a hurricane ever....we are about 75 miles from the ocean here....but we expect lots of rain, wind and flooding....just hoping we don't lose power for long....I would miss ORUsports.com..... ;-)

Rain and winds are picking up and so far we still have power....the worst is expected to be between 6pm tonight and 6am Tuesday morning....the Jersey shore towns are already under water and Sandy is expected to come ashore near Atlantic City....the flood and wind damage will be catastrophic on the South Jersey barrier islands....flood damage will affect as far north as NYC and CT......this is a historic event...the east coast has never seen anything like this....my office at AAA in suburban Trenton, NJ is closed for today and probably tomorrow....TheEagleman has never seen anything like this....the bay will meet the ocean in South Jersey and things will never be the same.....pray that the Lord will spare people who are stupid enough to try and ride this out at the coast...there are some dopes who are trying to do just that......I will stay on line as long as I can..... :sweat:

Eagleman,

I'm praying for you along wtih family in the area. My cousin in New Hope has power but she's the only one. My Aunt and Uncle are hunkered down in Levittown withouth water or power. Their neighbor has a generator so they were able to put some food in his refrigerator. My other cousin in the area is also without power or water.

It is a mess up there for sure. My Uncle is prettty sure that the detached garage at his place on 2nd Street in Ocean City, NJ is in the Atlantic. They won't be able to get up there for several days at the earliest. Stay safe.

It certainly was no picnic but TheEagleman cannot complain....we just had no power for over 72 hrs and my office in NJ was closed Monday and Tuesday ....but now back up and running...lots of trees down and minor damage here in PA but ....nothing like the damage at the Jersey Shore and New York.....things are very bad over there.....prayers go out to those who lost property.....but TheEagleman is back up and running..... :nerd: