TU fires president

titansforever

GOTTA be a story behind that . . .

i saw this in the comments section of the story on the HuffingtonPost:

"I am a TU alumna. The current rumor is that he was inebriated & observed urinating in a public place. Personally, I don't know if that should merit termination."

if true, it sounds like he was acting more like a frat brother than a university president. maybe there was some buyers remorse and this incident served a way out for TU.

i saw this in the comments section of the story on the HuffingtonPost:

"I am a TU alumna. The current rumor is that he was inebriated & observed urinating in a public place. Personally, I don't know if that should merit termination."

if true, it sounds like he was acting more like a frat brother than a university president. maybe there was some buyers remorse and this incident served a way out for TU.

That story is apparently valid: allegedly happened outside Fleming's at Utica Square following a fundraiser, and was witnessed by university trustees.

And, reputedly, was merely the final straw of several incidents that screamed "lack of judgement".

But, in all honesty, I suppose it's fair to say: "Let he who is without sin (and without a reckless president who's irresponsible actions totally embarrassed the school, faculty, alumni, etc.) cast the first stone."

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman finds this to be a very strange story.....so TU didn't do a FULL background check on this guy before hiring him?....then they soured on him within 3 months?.....I agree with what was mentioned above....there has to be a lot more to this one although urinating in public would probably be enough to can the guy....I will trust our TU friends to dig up the additional dirt.....what were the odds that within 5 years both major Tulsa Universities would have their Presidents fired or resigning in disgrace..... :nerd: