Bobby Word

SOLO_Gold

@DaDFDuBB: Dallas Trojan guard Bobby Word will be taking a visit to Oral Roberts Univ this weekend per @dallastrojans. Would b a very nice get for ORU

• 2 weeks later...

Word looks like a seriously good shooter...TheEagleman assumes that he is a two guard......how many points did he average last season?........... :nerd:

Wood looks like a good shooter. His shooting form is a bit unorthodox - he falls forward instead of going straight up. As long as it goes in the hoop I guess it doesn't matter.

TheEagleman also thought that his shooting motion is a bit unusual....not sure it will work in D-1 ball where there are quicker and taller defenders who can block that type of shot.......maybe we will see first hand at Mabee Center next year?.... :nerd:

Couple of things I like about this guy:

• long arms

• good mechanics on the shot (the lunging-forward-for-distance thing is nothing a little work in the weight room won't fix)

• he's a November freshman signee from Texas - when was the last time we had one of those?

I agree that his shooting form looks good; maybe the lunging forward thing could attract fouls. I also like that he has some size and is a Texas recruit that signed early. That means one less recruit we have to 'sweat' about.

We lose Niles and DBH next year - so we have a replacement for Warren. Now we just need a big guy to take the place of Bell-Holter.

Excited about this kid. Maybe the coaches are anticipating a nice inside/out game with Kaufman and Word.

He has a pretty slow release, but like OT alluded to, there's a lot to be said for player development.

Glad he's on the team.

This team is starting to take shape for 2013-14......the DoMo-Craion-DBH-Niles era is just about over......with 0 NCAA appearances to show for it.......time to ramp it up..... :nerd:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...