"Are You Southland Strong?"

Old Titan

Didn't somebody post a prototype of an ORU football helmet a couple years ago?....that was enough to send TheEagleman into ecstasy.....I am ready for some ORU football..... :wasntme:

I stopped by the Mabee Center today to renew my basketball season tickets and I saw a strange thing on the lawn of the university near the Avenue of Flags entrance by Lewis Avenue. There were football players wearing helmets and uniforms and participating in practices on both of the intramural football fields right off of Lewis Avenue.

So I asked the ticket office employee about it and he said that the Oklahoma All State Games are being held on the ORU campus this week and those were a couple of the high school football teams who were practicing since they will be participating in a football game somewhere (obviously not at ORU) later in the week. It was definitely a strange sight to see on the ORU campus. I'm not sure why they wouldn't be practicing at another high school stadium in the area, but it looked pretty cool. It is too bad that the football team is a pipe dream since the small enrollment and small number of ORU alumni would prevent a D-II football program from being anything near cost effective.

Maybe what you saw at ORU today was a precurser of things to come.....ORU football in the future???....who knows....but yeah....probably not...... :nerd:

• 1 month later...

Shouldn't the title of this spot be changed to NCAA AND THE SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE???...... :?: