Where Are They Now

Bogus Smith

I was trying to think of where all of our players have gone on to play and am trying to get a list of those teams here. Can others contribute to where our guys are playing? Here is the beginning of the list:

Rookie/Class A:

Bennett Pickar - Connecticut Tigers (Tigers)

Jared Schlehuber - Idaho Falls Chukars (Royals)

Cam Schiller - Spokane Indians (Rangers)

Nick Baligod - Vancouver Canadians (Blue Jays)

Chris Elder - Burlington Royals (Royals)

Jerry Sullivan - Lake Elsinore Storm (Padres)

Double A:

Chance Chapman - Reading Phillies (Phillies)

Brian Van Kirk - New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays)

Tim Torres - Tulsa Drillers (Rockies)

Dallas Beeler - Tennessee Smokies (Cubs)

Tyler Saladino - Birmingham Barrons (White Sox)

Mark Serrano - Pensacola Blue Wahoos (Reds)

Triple A:

Jake Kahaulelio - Olmecas de Tabasco (Mexican League)

Michael Holliman - Rochester Red Wings (Twins)

Doug Bernier - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (Yankees)

Jeremy Hefner - Buffalo Bisons (Mets)

Major Leagues:

None

Who else am I missing??

Brian Van Kirk is still playing OF for the AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats of the Eastern League.....TheEagleman saw him play last month in Trenton......a check of the lastest stats show Brian hitting .267 with 4 hrs and 28 RBI...... :nerd:

Brian Van Kirk is still playing OF for the AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats of the Eastern League.....TheEagleman saw him play last month in Trenton......a check of the lastest stats show Brian hitting .267 with 4 hrs and 28 RBI...... :nerd:

Good to know....I also forgot about Doug Bernier going from the Rockies to the Yankees. He is currently hitting around .233 in the International League. I have added these two on the list above.

In looking further, I saw that Steve Holm, who used to be in the Giants organization, was released last month from New Orleans (Miami's AAA affiliate) after batting .161 this season. I hope that he find his "mojo" and catch on with another team that will get him back to the Big Show.

I wonder what ever happened to Grant Plumley? He seemed destined to make it with his glove, but maybe that wasn't to be.

Dallas Beeler is at the AA Tennessee Smokies for the Cubs.

Also Hef got sent down to AAA around Jul 4th

Dallas Beeler is at the AA Tennessee Smokies for the Cubs.

Also Hef got sent down to AAA around Jul 4th

Good find...I have updated the information above.

a couple more...

Tyler Saladino is at AA Birmingham Barrons for the ChiSox (.256 AVG and 30 Stolen bases)

Mark Serrano is at AA Pensacola Blue Wahoos for the Reds (6-1 w/2.86 ERA)

a couple more...

Tyler Saladino is at AA Birmingham Barrons for the ChiSox (.256 AVG and 30 Stolen bases)

Mark Serrano is at AA Pensacola Blue Wahoos for the Reds (6-1 w/2.86 ERA)

What in the world is a blue wahoo?? :?:

Thanks for the research, Alum....I have added this to the list above. So far we have found 16 active players - pretty impressive. Who says that you can't make it in the pros from a mid-major program (don't look at the list of major leaguers)?

Thought it also worthwhile to add:

Mark Brewer - pitching coach - AAA Buffalo Bisons

Mike Mason - pitching coach - AAA Iowa Cubs

...and there may be others.

Brendan Duffy? Chad Rothford those guys may still be playing?

Brendan Duffy? Chad Rothford those guys may still be playing?

It doesn't look like either of those guys are playing currently. The only thing I could find on Brendan was that he made the 2009 Midwest League All-Star team. I didn't find any of his minor league stats, which leads me to believe that he hasn't played since 2010 (usually they keep the prior year - 2011 - stats on the MLB site).

thebaseballcube.com is pretty good site i found. i'm not sure how complete the list is, but here is what they have for ORU draft picks:

LINK

thebaseballcube.com is pretty good site i found. i'm not sure how complete the list is, but here is what they have for ORU draft picks:

LINK

Great link, Alum. Thanks for finding this. It's interesting to see how many of our guys went into pro ball and gave it up after 2-3 years. We certainly have supplied the mnor league ranks with a lot of quality players over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

Brian Van Kirk just turned 27 on Friday.....he's dropped to .260 for the season with 5 hrs and 34 RBI for the Fisher Cats.....wonder how much longer he will hang on.....but you never know when the call will come.....example in point....the Phillies have had numerous injuries this season and recently called up a career minor league catcher named Eric Kratz....since coming up a few weeks ago he has had 11 extra base hits including 5 HRs.....today he hit a huge two out 3 run HR to tie the game at 7-7 in the bottom or the 8th and the Phils went on to beat St. Louis in 11 innings, 8-7.....TheEagleman was down at the ballpark today...it was a hot one but I stayed for all 11 innings.....thanks to a few cold ones..... :nerd: