A Lot of Changes!!!!!!

Holtontulsa

Wondering if we are going to have enough players to field a team next year. Sources say that the following players are gone

Delaney Scrivner - Gone

Amber Carver - Gone

Mariah Miles - Gone

Cristal Turner - Gone

Christian Key - Gone - But came back

Ieva Eida - Gone

Jordan Pyle - Graduated

Dominique Allen - Graduated

Georgia Jones - Graduated

8 players off of last years roster are gone!!!!! This next year could be very interesting

If they don't want to be here, they need to leave. There is a new sheriff in town. We will be fine.

If that is true, could the women's team have some APR issues down the road?

And may I ask why 5 players would no longer want to be on the team?

Very interesting stuff....we have some ORU ladies basketball insiders on this board....perhaps they can shed some light on the situation?....as long as Kevi comes back....TheEagleman has no complaints.... :inlove:

Best of luck to those young ladies. I'd guess some of those are mutual. Jerry had a lot of misses his last two recruiting classes; which is why I would guess the one assistant was not retained by Coach Cussen. Last year's team lacked athleticism and production off the bench. I don't see big changes as a bad thing.

TheEagleman agrees, Alum....we need to build the team this year around Kevi and that tall European center....... :nerd:

Best of luck to those young ladies. I'd guess some of those are mutual. Jerry had a lot of misses his last two recruiting classes; which is why I would guess the one assistant was not retained by Coach Cussen. Last year's team lacked athleticism and production off the bench. I don't see big changes as a bad thing.

Great post, alum.

I hope Christian Key is still on the team next year. She is a 3-point sharpshooter with some height. You can always use a player like that.

I never understoood why Jerry did not recruit Tulsa or OKC public schools. He kind of stuck to the small school and foreign girls. And admittedly he hit on Reagan and Luper from small town OK and on Cannon, Jones, and Balla from overseas, but I don't think he ever had a player from schools in his backyard like BTW, McClain, Edison, Millwood, or Douglass. I'm very encouraged to see that Coach Cussen's first recruit is a Tulsa Public School player.

When you look at the players that left, I think we might be a more athletic team with a stronger defensive skill set.

My guess is that Coach Cussen wants a more physical style with less of an emphasis on finesse. I have no idea about the situation with these 5 players, but I know that it is possible for a player to become comfortable with not starting and simply go through the motions while you get college for free. Perhaps Coach Cussen sent (or is sending) a message that only the very best effort and a full commitment from each player (offseason workouts, etc.) will be acceptable if you are going to receive a scholarship. Again I am not trying to attach that label to each of these players, instead I am guessing at what might be going on behind the scenes.

Coach Cussen may also realize that she needs to start planning and recruiting for a post-Kevi future looking down the road past this year and asking herself, once Kevi and Jaci are gone, what do I want this team to look like and who will my leader's be? If she doesn't think some of those players are on the team right now, then she may have a significant challenge and opportunity down the road.

I have to think that you have touched on the major reasons for this player turnover. Coach Cussen is establishing her mark on this team and that will be different in style and substance from Coach Finkbeiner.

I for one think this is a great move. After last year watching a good team become complacent, i am very excited about the future of ORU women's basketball. Let those stay that will buy into the program of the new coaching staff. We will be better for it requardless of why the turnover. Crystal Key is a good player and it is good to see her back on the team.

Yep....Coach Fink's teams underachieved the last two season....especially disappointing in the 2nd halves of the season.......I hope Utah State enjoys Jerry and the players going with him....... |(

My source says that Mariah & Cristal are following Jerry to Utah State. Jerry is good friends with their dads. Don't know why Delaney, Amber or Ieva are leaving.

Wondering if we are going to have enough players to field a team next year.

Yeah, there's no one left.

We'll probably forfeit all our games because of not having enough players!

And then, we won't be able to sign anyone, either!!

Gonna have to disband the program altogether!!!

"DOGS AND CATS, SLEEPING TOGETHER - MASS HYSTERIA!!!!"*

Prediction: we win at least 20 games next year, without all the inexplicable blowout losses.

*Google it...