Summit League Commissioner's Cup

Old Titan

...for overall athletic achievement, and similar trophies for men's and women's sports, will be announced today and this week.

Not sure how many points ORU tallied overall this season, but with regular season championships in men's basketball, baseball, women's tennis and women's golf, it was a very successful final year.

And so much for my theory back when school started that we would get stiffed when it came to "Of The Year" awards: have we ever had a season where ORU athletes were POY's in men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball? Plus, Scott Sutton was COY for only the second time outright.

A fantastic finale to end the show in the ol' Badlands Conference - time to head "South"!

NDSU gets the Commissioners Cup. ORU was 12 points behind NDSU for the Commissioners Cup, 111.5 to 99.5.

NDSU also claimed the top spot for the Dr. Helen Smiley Women’s All-Sports Award.

Oral Roberts won the Dr. William Steinbrecher Men’s All-Sports Award.

North Dakota State Captures First Commissioner's Cup

I really wonder if ORU hasn't struggled to get the Commissioner's Cup the past couple seasons because we don't participate in all available sports, i.e., softball, swimming, diving, etc.

Commissioner's Cup -

2003 - WIU

2004 - WIU

2005 - WIU

2006 - WIU

2007 - ORU

2008 - ORU

2009 - ORU

2010 - ORU

2011 - SDSU

2012 - NDSU

a very good showing by ORU and SUU to finish 2nd and 3rd on their way out of the league.

a very good showing by ORU and SUU to finish 2nd and 3rd on their way out of the league.

I thought the same thing, alum.

It's not so much the sports in which we participate (Western Illinois, for example, competes in EVERY conference sport, yet still finished dead last in total points) - it's NDSU's dominance in women's sports.

The Lady Bison finished first or second in practically every sport in which they compete, which accounted for almost two-thirds of NDSU's overall point total.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............. |-) ..............Goodbye Summit.......... |(