Anton Wilson

SOLO_Gold

6'6 2012 Wing Guard Anton Wilson of Macdonald Academy will take an official visit to Oral Roberts University on Wednesday per @fmabballcoach

Wow - sounds like a stud!

We apparently have a scholarship of some sort available - wonder if we've suffered an academic casualty on one of the new guys? I've heard every one of the returning players is good academically.

video of the 30 pt game against the #1 team in the nation that put him on the map...looks like he has problems finishing at the rim, but he knocked down 8 three's in the game...LINK

video of the 30 pt game against the #1 team in the nation that put him on the map...looks like he has problems finishing at the rim, but he knocked down 8 three's in the game...LINK

For ONCE: a YouTube video that shows a guy's entire performance, warts and all! One thing's for sure - he certainly had the green light to shoot!

Offers from Baylor, Iowa, & Memphis, among others? Am I reading that right?

Sounds like a player.

Offers from Baylor, Iowa, & Memphis, among others? Am I reading that right?

Sounds like a player.

That's what I'm thinking! I'd love to know his story.

Baylor?....Boston College?...Memphis?....Iowa?....ORU?.....geez....which one doesn't belong?....if true, this is hard to believe....who knows....maybe Mom and Dad are big Prayer Tower fans?..... :nerd:

Here is a year long thread on the recruitment of Wilson by Rhode Island. He was going to reclass to to 2013, but changed mind back to class of 2012. It sounds like ORU has come late to the party (never mentioned in this thread). Perhaps changing schools and classes cost him some high major interest. As near as I can tell, Detroit and Rhode Island are the most interested. LINK

I'm assuming our North Carolina connection, which brought us Hunter McClintock, Jake Lliteras, and Steven Roundtree, may also be responsible for this guy's visit.

It does seem a little bit out of left field, considering we thought our cupboard was already full for this year. Who knows? Just have to wait and see, but I'll be real surprised if this amounts to anything long-term.

He kind of reminds me of a slightly more athletic Warren Niles.

There are some obvious benefits of playing for our school like ours over the big boys and iIf Rhode Island is in on his recruiting, we DEFINITELY qualify.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for him! I honestly still have no idea why we were considering this kid - he plays a position where we are already over-staffed.