Farewell from a Jackrabbit fan

West-River_Jack

True that....and we also don't need to be travelling 800 miles north to a tournament in 12 degree Sioux Falls, SD every year..... :nerd:

It's also an established D-I conference with schools that have been members for 50 years. Compare that to whatever you consider the Summit without Valpo, ORU or Oakland.

It's a lateral move if leaving a sinking boat, swimming to shore, climbing a hill, and jumping off a cliff into the same boat in the Dakota wilderness is a lateral move.

It's also an established D-I conference with schools that have been members for 50 years. Compare that to whatever you consider the Summit without Valpo, ORU or Oakland.

It's a lateral move if leaving a sinking boat, swimming to shore, climbing a hill, and jumping off a cliff into the same boat in the Dakota wilderness is a lateral move.

:-D

Speaking purely selfishly of course, I would love to make the odd road trip to see a game in the sunny South (North Dakota) if that lateral move were to materialize.  :clap:

TheEagleman would rather see us move to the Northern Mexican League..... |(

Sounds like a great idea. Go from record crowds in Sioux Falls to 60 sleepy fans in Tulsa.

When the tourney was in Tulsa, it set records (at the time) for attendance and support.

Has it done well in SD? Yes. But, to insinuate that it flopped in Tulsa is an ignorant statement.

I would be ok with looking at the Summit again, IF and only IF the conference (basketball) tourney moved around. 2 years in SD, 2 years in Tulsa, and 2 years somewhere else.

Several years it was held in Ft. Wayne.  This was even before IPFW entered the Summit.  Those were the days, Valpo put together at least 6 tournament championships. 

• 2 weeks later...

In the words of the great Yogi Berra...is this Deja Vu all over again?.....or perhaps TheEagleman is caught in a remake of Groundhog Day?......I might be dreaming of Bill Murray tonight and if my alarm goes off at 6:00am tomorrow morning playing I've Got You, Babe....I am going to be sick.....Whatever it is....please get me a Bromo...... |(