Tamel White

ORUTerry

Tramel White, pg for Dodge City Community College signed a LOI with ORU on May 14: Link

Here is what I have found so far:

Tramel White is a 6'3" point guard originally from Houma, Louisiana. He attended Howard College (Lubbock, TX) his freshman year where he averaged 4.8 points per game and 2.96 assists. Tramel transferred to Dodge City Community College for his sophomore season and averaged 14.2 points per game (47% field goal %), 4.8 assists per game, 5.8 rebounds and 1.7 steals.

I assume Coach Mason helped with this recruit because both he and Tramel are originally from Louisiana.

From what I've heard, Tramel is the kind of point guard ORU has enjoyed a lot of success with in past seasons: a taller, physical guy for his position who, while perhaps not a great outside shooter, has a great motor and can get to the rim, ala Adam Liberty and Rod Pearson.

Unless redshirt freshmen D.J. Jackson or Korey Billbury really turn it up a notch in the fall, our starting point guard will be either Tramel or Mikey Manghum.

Coach Sutton confirmed at the Coaches' Luncheon that Tramel White has signed with ORU.