2 former ORU cheerleaders among those in fatal plane crash

orumom

Austin Anderson,one of the former ORU cheerleader, video http://vimeo.com/21945538

This is the email sent this morning by Dr. Rutland

Students, Faculty and Staff,

There was a tragic plane crash in southern Kansas yesterday and five

people with connections to ORU were involved in the accident.

Stephen Luth, Luke Sheets, and Austin Anderson, all three recent

graduates, and Garret Coble, a former instructor in the College of

Business, have died. Hannah Luce, a recent graduate and daughter of ORU

Trustee Ron Luce, is in the hospital.

Please pray for all of the families that lost loved ones and for Hannah

in the hospital. Pray for God’s peace to be with all of them and pray

for Hannah’s healing.

Your Servant at ORU,

Mark Rutland, Ph.D.

That's just tragic.....our prayers go out to the families and surviving victims..... :-(

Praying for the families in their time of grief. May they embrace the Lord and find comfort in His arms.

I met Austin Anderson on a flight in December of last year. We talked for probably an hour and a half about his vision for becoming a liaison between the military and ORU. He felt that many of the troops ending their rotations and heading back to civilian life would have fit in well attending college at ORU and his vision was to establish a link to increase the number of military personnel who ended up attending ORU.

He was a very impressive individual and a true example of the best that the military and ORU have to offer. He did 1 and maybe more tours of duty in the middle east over the recent past. There are probably others who know him better and could fill in the details. He was one of the senior cheerleaders who was honored at Senior night just over 2 months ago.

I'm sure each of these people were amazing individuals just like Austin. My prayers go out to the families, loved ones, friends and acquaintances of those who were lost.

Sad, sad story, but the heroism by that young man lessens the pain somewhat. What a terrific, selfless, and truly Christian act.

I know the ORU family is proud to have known him.

Our family's thoughts and prayers go out to those families in this time of need. We will also keep the ORU "family" in our prayers as well.

God Bless