Source: Krista Ragan-Binum Under Consideration For ORU Post (Tulsa World)

Old Titan

Voice, who do you think Misti and Krista should run off ? Do you a have list ?

Can't speak for Voice, but don't put words in his mouth.

All he said was that hiring KRB might bring more of a "shape up or ship out" attitude to the program.

If ANY girl on the team has a problem with that, then perhaps she would be happier playing somewhere else where women's basketball is not that big a deal.

I completely agree, OT.

We came up short last year, losing games when we just lacked intensity to finish.

If Misti or any other coaching member wants to light a fire, I'm all for it.

Voice, who do you think Misti and Krista should run off ? Do you a have list ?

There is no need to call anyone out, but needless to say there have been more misses than hits since the class of Buck, Luper and Bigham. ORU needs athletes -- losses to Grambling, IUPUI, and UMKC showed that, not to mention what Arkansas did to them.

My intent was not to say that we should 'run someone off'. Just responding to the comment that Krista might be too 'tough'.

OT hit the nail on the head with his reply a couple of posts back...

The way they were talking on the news last night, it sounds like Krista is headed our way. She resigned from her current job, and they said she's been talking to ORU. There could be an announcement shortly, I guess.

You could ask Misti about this if you attend the ORU Coaches Luncheon on Tuesday.

Here is the skinny on Samuels. He was with Detriot last year.

http://www.detroittitans.com/news/2010/8/10/WBB_0810102941.aspx?path=wbball

8/10/2010 9:26:46 AM

Head coach Autumn Rademacher has announced the hiring of Royce Samuels as an assistant coach for the women’s basketball program. Samuels joined the staff on August 9th.

“I feel blessed and happy to be here in Detroit,†Samuels said. “I am fortunate to be able to work with such a great coaching staff, and I am excited to be a part of the women’s basketball program.â€

Samuels brings a wealth of coaching experience to the Titan staff. He has been a part of American Amateur Union (AAU) basketball for 18 years. Samuels most recently served as the head coach for Team Wisconsin. During his time with Team Wisconsin Samuels helped Nicole Griffin develop into one of the best post players in the country. Griffin is rated as the No. 10 center by ESPN Hoopgurlz, and has signed a National Letter of Intent to play basketball for the Oklahoma Sooners.

Samuels held a coaching position in the state of Michigan from 2003-07 with Olivet College. While with the Comets, Samuels was heavily involved with recruiting. He also monitored individual performances and provided training schedules to the team.

Prior to his time at Olivet, Samuels was an assistant coach for the men’s team at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. He also served as a multicultural advisor while at UW-Stout. Samuels began his coaching career at the AAU level, yet he also spent some time coaching in Oklahoma City as an assistant at Douglass High School from 1998-2000.

Samuels, a native of El-Reno, Oklahoma, is a 1992 graduate of Mount Senario College. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice. He has a son named Tyler that will be attending the University of Notre Dame this fall.

He is from Oklahoma, has AAU experience and his son attends Notre Dame (tough school). Welcome aboard Royce!

Sounds like Voice has an ax to grind....... :?:

Sounds like Voice has an ax to grind....... :?:

Nope. Nothing personal. I just want the best and the best staff possible for my school.

If someone is not bringing much to the table...

Kyron Stokes tweeted this Friday afternoon:

Kyron O Stokesâ€@CoachK_116

Had to keep it under wraps for a few days, but I finally can say that I'm EXCITED to be joining the ORU WBB staff!!!! #ORUWBB