Source: Krista Ragan-Binum Under Consideration For ORU Post (Tulsa World)

Old Titan

Source: Krista Ragan-Binum Under Consideration For ORU Post (Tulsa World)

For those of you without a Tulsa World website account, there's not much further detail: just that a "source" says Krista is being "considered" to be an assistant for Coach Misti Cussen, and that no one involved has any comment on it.

Wonder what that means: "considered"?

Should we assume that Krista and Misti are good friends?.... :nerd:

Krista coaches at Owasso high school and was Jerry & Misti's first recruit. Krista would certainly have contacts in the OK high school community - and as an ORU alum certainly knows how to sell the program.

Thanks, Terry....sounds like a no-brainer.....Krista should be one of our assistant coaches....did Fink take any of his ORU staff with him to Utah St.?.... :|

Krista was also fired from Coweta a few years ago for being "Too Verbal" with her players... Not sure that is something that would fit well with ORU. I have heard from inside sources that Krista is being considered, and no, Jerry did not take any staff with him!

Krista was also fired from Coweta a few years ago for being "Too Verbal" with her players... Not sure that is something that would fit well with ORU. I have heard from inside sources that Krista is being considered, and no, Jerry did not take any staff with him!

Not even you? Afterall, you were such a good mouth piece for him.

After watching Krista coach, I for one hope they do not hire her. Maybe to late, why else would Jennie Bryan transfer, after all she would not play her senior year at Coweta because Krista was fired. I believe that a good coach would have convinced a senior player to play her senior year despite her termination from the school. I have watched Binum jump up and down, scream, and pace the floor because her team didn't get a call or things didn't go her way! I thought her sportmanship was something less than desirable so why would ORU want that kind of ranting in their program. I do not know the lady personally but actions tells you a lot about a person. When I saw the news that Bryan was transferring I figured this was to follow, such a no brainer. ORU needs to do what is best for the women's basketball program and quit trying to get a buddy system going. This is not high school!

I could not disagree more. I do know Krista, pretty well. She is a fantastic human being!

And, quite honestly, her HARD-NOSED, COMPETITIVE FIRE, EMOTION, whatever you want to call it is EXACTLY what has been missing from the ORU women's program for several years. Fink was a REALLY, REALLY nice guy. That was one of his great strengths AND greatest weakness.

Give me Krista and her "fire". It may run off a few, but those that will listen to her (and Misti), will not only learn how to play the game, but will be better/stronger people for it.

Count me in the group that hopes we hire Krista!

• Upvote 1

The fact that she will be an assistant rather than head coach will likely keep some of that demonstrative behavior in check, at least during games. I suppose that players may feel the heat of her "fire" during practices, though. Surely Misti, as head coach, would not allow that to reach beyond what she felt were tolerable levels.

The fact that she will be an assistant rather than head coach will likely keep some of that demonstrative behavior in check, at least during games. I suppose that players may feel the heat of her "fire" during practices, though. Surely Misti, as head coach, would not allow that to reach beyond what she felt were tolerable levels.

Great point, tmh.

And, Misti is no dummy. She knows Krista as well as anyone.

I am really looking forward to seeing Misti as head coach!

Good cop - bad cop..... works all the time. Not bad to have some intensity in practice and on the sideline.

Misti will be in charge and I trust her instincts/leadership.

TheEagleman loves the good cop/bad cop scenerio....it works all the time.....is Krista married to the men's basketball player named Binum who played for ORU back about 12-15 yrs ago?.... :nerd:

Yes, she married Nathan Binam - the player who made the miracle three pointer against TU back in 1999.

The Nathan Binam who had a significant portion of one of his fingers amputated between his junior and senior seasons so that he could come back and play 1 more year of ORU basketball. Now that is dedication!

The Nathan Binam who had a significant portion of one of his fingers amputated between his junior and senior seasons so that he could come back and play 1 more year of ORU basketball. Now that is dedication!

:-D :-D :-D

Any man who gives a finger for ORU basketball deserves to be in the HOF.... :nerd: