Finkbeiner finalist for Utah State job?

ORUalum

I think what he was trying to say was that he lost some recruits at ORU because they were afraid or turned off by the idea of an honor code, and instead went elsewhere, where that shouldn't be a problem at Utah State.

That's just not what he said - he stumbled over the words.

Probably should have had some notes or prepared remarks....I am sorry for calling Fink a tool but no reason for Jerry to even touch on the Honor Code yesterday..... you guys know him and it sounds like he just said something he didn't mean to say......then again.....deep down he probably feels like he was handcuffed by the Honor Code.....it never bothered TheEagleman when he was at ORU......those cold Coors draughts always went down good on Friday night with a Shotgun Sams pizza....... ;-)

Looks like we need to update the front of the message board for Women's Basketball:

Join in the conversation as Head Coach Jerry Finkbeiner Misti Cussen molds his leads her ladies' squad yet into the first year of the Southland Conference and another berth in the NCAA tournament contender.

Looks like we need to update the front of the message board for Women's Basketball:

Join in the conversation as Head Coach Jerry Finkbeiner Misti Cussen molds his leads her ladies' squad yet into the first year of the Southland Conference and another berth in the NCAA tournament contender.

Great point, Bogus!! Dr. C?

Probably should have had some notes or prepared remarks

And just when I was just getting used to his lack of preparation and poor communication.

• 4 weeks later...

bump

• 5 months later...

Coach Fink and his Utah State team are 0-3 so far....maybe he will get his first win vs. Prairie View A&M tonight?..... :nerd:

I am sure Coach Fink will have success at Utah State. There is no need to pile on. He did a great deal for women's basketball at ORU. As has been stated before, I think that it was time for both Fink and ORU to move on. Fink's recruiting philosphy of white girls and Euros served him well in an upper Mid-West league like the Summit and will serve him well in a state like Utah. I'm not so sure it would have worked out well in the Southland. As we have seen over the last few years his teams were sorely lacking athleticism. It is obvious Coach Cussen is addressing this issue with her first full recruiting class. Best of luck to Coach Fink and the former ORU athletes he took with him and best of luck to Coach Cussen and the Golden Eagles.