Jared Swopshire (Lousiville transfer)

ORUalum

He is an athletic, 6'7" small foward. Appears to only have one year of eligibilty remaining.

i wonder if he is one of these "play right away" guys. per this article he will graduate in May...LINK

I read somewhere that there are over 300 transfer students in D-1 this Spring. Not sure if that is abnormal, but it seems high to me. That is almost one transfer for every team in D-1.

I think this kid will be immediately eligible if he does graduate.

Another story about Jared Swopshire: link

He is from St. Luois but attended IMG Academy in Florida. Signed with Louisville three years ago and was hurt last year with a severe groin injury.

According to the Louisville message board, Jared Swopshire ("Swop") is immediately eligible and is considering ORU: link

does ORU have any graduate programs that a big school like Louisville does not offer? that is one of the stipulations in the graduate-transfer-no redshirt rule.

Theology? Wonder if we have an MBA track that has a focus that Louisville does not offer.

I have to think that this has been researched and he would not be considering ORU if it was not a viable option.

If we obtain/sign Swopshire (6'7") and Conley (6'5") - that does not provide us with a much depth at point guard.

People on Twitter are saying he is leaning towards Iona or Western Kentucky.

Too much to hope for that a kid with this pedigre transfers to ORU.....then again....EXPECT A MIRACLE!.... :nerd: