2012-2013 Schedule - FINAL

Old Titan

Hey, don't knock West Memphis...they have the second largest Greyhound race track in the world!

BBQ, basketball, and dog races! Could be the start of an EPIC weekend!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• oruvoice

• ORUalum

I just noticed the date for the TU/ORU matchup.

There's good news and bad news here.

Good - it is before the Christmas holiday.

Bad - Most students will be gone already so attendance could be down.

I just noticed the date for the TU/ORU matchup.

There's good news and bad news here.

Good - it is before the Christmas holiday.

Bad - Most students will be gone already so attendance could be down.

There is nothing good about the date for the ORU-TU game this year.

At least, nothing good from ORU's standpoint...

There is nothing good about the date for the ORU-TU game this year. At least, nothing good from ORU's standpoint...

Except that we actually have a date this year. Why is the date bad?

It is during Christmas break so the vast majority of students will not be there.

Except that we actually have a date this year. Why is the date bad?

No students. And, if you remove the ORU students from the equation the last few times we've played TU at the Mabee Center, you'd be looking at crowds less than 5,000-6,000.

Add in the fact that TU will likely not be very good this year, keeping a large contingent of TU fans away and we could be looking at a crowd of 3,000 for the Mayor's Cup game...

Yes, the Athletic Department agreed to this date before making the move to the Southland Conference. It is a real head scratcher. I am not impressed.

Yes, the Athletic Department agreed to this date before making the move to the Southland Conference. It is a real head scratcher. I am not impressed.

That may have something to do with it then. The old Summit schedule basically took a week of prime scheduling away in early December and it was always a pain to schedule around. It's part of why we played the game in January the last time it was at Mabee. Having the game during Christmas break stinks but it may have been unavoidable under the circumstances.

And remember, this whole thing is Wojcik's fault in the first place for basically not wanting to play the game last year.

It was avoidable. We rolled over for TU. Wojcik and Cunningham dictated the game knowing that we would not have any 'home court advantage' with a December 22nd game date. The subsequent game dates are the first game of the season. All the dates were dictated by TU.

Thanks didn't realize the date was after Christmas break started.

At least it's a Saturday night, though we still have to compete with Christmas pageants, church concerts, gift shopping, minor football bowl games that could conceivably include OU, OSU or TU, among other distractions.

Hopefully, the NBA won't schedule a Thunder home game the same night...

Just another reason to detest TU....they stink...... :puke:

I've recently learned that, on Saturdays when the men play at home, the women will now NOT be playing in the early afternoon as before, and will instead play their game right before the men, tipping at approximately 5:00 p.m. The men would follow immediately, at approximately 7:30.

As a fan, I prefer this new format: I rarely attended the 2:00 Saturday women's games, and will be MUCH more likely to see at least the second half of the 5:00 women's games on Saturday's, leading into the men's games.

I would imagine this new format will be hard on all those involved in game operations, though: putting on a roughly 6-hour straight event with very little break can be taxing on everyone.

Same for the cheerleaders, band, OZone, ORUVoice, etc. Going to need plenty of Mazzio's pizza and Red Bull between games for those folks!

Eh, after 4 years of the conference tourney, where we had quadruple-headers three days in a row, followed by a double header on day four, this will be a walk in the park.

And, in many ways easier that getting to Mabee at 1pm, for the 2pm women's tip. Then, going home at 4pm after the women's game, only to return by 6pm.

The 5 and 7:30 time frame makes a lot more sense. However, since ORU games are fairly "kid-friendly" I wonder if 4:30 and 7:00 would be a better approach.