2012-2013 Schedule - FINAL

Old Titan

TheEagleman would hope that both UTEP and Texas St. will return the games.....tough schedule.....might be very tough to be .500 on Jan. 1....but then again, TheEagleman says that every season..... :nerd:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• oruvoice

• ORUalum

After further review....I think we could be 6-6 at the turn of the new year.....TheEagleman would take that.... :nerd:

TheEagleman has inside word that TU contacted us about playing a 2nd game at Reynolds this season.....but Mike Carter and Scott Sutton told them that ORU would prefer not to add a 2nd non D-1 game to the schedule...... ;-)

Just wondering why there is a week between the Lamar and Central Arkansas games at the end of the season and then the tournament starts just 3 days after the UCA game?......strange scheduling..... :|

Over the last 20 years, it was like pulling teeth to get any Texas schools to play us, and now that we are joining the Southland Conference, we have 2 non-conference games against Texas teams (Texas State and UTEP). That seems slightly ironic. They are both road games as well. I wonder if we have return games at the Mabee Center coming next year with those 2 opponents.

I could see the Texas State game being a home-and-home series (although I don't know that to be the case), but the UTEP game is a guarantee game that will hopefully produce a win to go along with that check.

Any reason why UTEP won't make the trip to Mabee Center?.......seems like a nice rivalry of mid-majors to me...... :nerd:

After further review....I think we could be 6-6 at the turn of the new year.....TheEagleman would take that.... :nerd:

I don't care what their non-conference record is as long as they beat TU and OU. As we saw last year, puting up a gaudy winning record means nothing if you don't win the conference tournament.

A good non-conference record could, in fact, mean a more-manageable NCAA berth, instead of a death-sentence #16 Seed.

Or, the NIT, instead of the CIT.

Just sayin'... :)