Shaquille Morris

SOLO_Gold

RN: At this point what schools have offered you?

Morris: I have offers from Fresno State, ORU, and Jacksonville University.

RN: Of the schools that have offered, which school currently interests you the most?

Morris: Right now, I would have to say Fresno State, because they contact me more.

http://recruitsnationwide.com/class-of-2013-shaquille-morris/

RN: At this point what schools have offered you?

Morris: I have offers from Fresno State, ORU, and Jacksonville University.

RN: Of the schools that have offered, which school currently interests you the most?

Morris: Right now, I would have to say Fresno State, because they contact me more.

http://recruitsnatio...aquille-morris/

LOL - have to wonder if all those "contacts" from Fresno are legal ones...

• 5 months later...

RT @Sam_Duren: Recruiting update, Edmond Memorial 2013 PF Shaq Morris took his official to Oral Roberts this weekend, likely will visit Wichita St & Lamar

6-8 260?....wow!.....we definitely could use this guy at ORU....has anyone seen him play?... :nerd:

thanks for the updates SOLO...his body build/type kind of reminds of Caleb Green. it looks like he would be a good get. i hope he will want to stay in state.

Seems able to move pretty well for being 6'8" and had some nice moves down low. Also, appeared to be a defensive presence with his shot-blocking ability. I also liked that after he blocked a shot, he immediately turned and started running quickly down the court to get in offensive position. He doesn't appear to be a lolly-gagger if you know what I mean. Listed as the 4th best player in the state. We need some beef and he would certainly find playing time right away with this being DBH's senior year.

His charisma would make him a star at ORU. A chance to play close to home and probable immediate playing time would seem to be huge pluses...

He also seems more D1 ready than DBH was his incoming year.

• 1 month later...

His coach's comments make it sound like WSU has a slight edge...

I could really see Morris thriving at ORU. Let's hope for good news on Monday!

This kid sounds like he would be a huge get for ORU....a nice replacement for DBH and/or Tree eventually.....sounds like he would be a PF unless he grows another inch or two.....but I guess you could play center in the Southland at 6-8 260.... :nerd:

Thanks for the link. I got the impression that he is leaning WSU. Let's hope fellow Edmond native Obi Emegano can talk him into picking ORU.

Thanks for the link. I got the impression that he is leaning WSU. Let's hope fellow Edmond native Obi Emegano can talk him into picking ORU.

Maybe I watched that feature with my blue-and-gold glasses on, but I got a totally different vibe from it.

What I heard (between the lines) was, "Wichita State was cool and fun to visit, but my mom really wants me to focus on my studies and stay close to home, so I'm going to ORU instead."

Seriously, at the 3:30 mark he said, "I would like to go back and visit Wichita again some time".

Why would he say that, if he was planning to sign there for the next 3-4 years?

Here's hoping Shaq is making the "smart" move to low-major national glory at ORU, ala Caleb Green, Dominique Morrison, et al.

The above is why you have to love OT....he's totally right on with his assessment.....TheEagleman will also be surprised of this kid doesn't commit to ORU tomorrow.....who would have imagined ORU getting Shaq?....it's just not O'Neill.....heck, even if this kid is 1/10th as good as the "real Shaq"....it's a big catch for a small D-1 school like ORU.....if we get this kid to add to what we have already for the next few years at 7777 So. Lewis.....ORU is going to be pretty tough to beat in the Southland..... :nerd: