Brother Bob

Cletus

Keep in prayer, Brother Bob Stamps, former chaplain of Oral Roberts University, 1968-1981. Recently had two blood clots and right side of body was paralyzed this week.

Bob is being kept in the hospital until they can define precisely what is causing these episodes. They are not terming them “strokes†–since they are more likely caused by a build-up of fluid on his brain. Continue to pray…The episodes have apparently not ceased and there are no real answers yet.

In addition to lifting up Bob, please also pray for Ellen, his dear wife.

About a year ago Bob was given a position as professor and dean of the chapel at Asbury Seminary in Wilmore, KY. He's had a a remarkable life and Bob has said that he has never been happier. (Except for the years at ORU!)

Today's update from Ellen:

good morning, have a great Sunday, we will have the same. Bob started new med's last evening and is free from his strange episodes. No trouble speaking for the last 24 hours, firm handshake (that is important for Dr B. ). Had a great rest, slept well and Peter stayed with him for the night. I will be back on my sweet call after I bring Peter back to Berea. Chris D picked him up and those two guys had... a great time.

Johanna has been calling us via Skype every day and what a joy that is for Bob to hear her voice. She has a Neorologist friend with whom she can check Bob's situation. It is interesting that this Dr was one of the first persons she met in SA and for a "Time as this" he is the very best. People are sometimes like angels. God truly cares, several dear friends who are in the medical field in Tulsa have been helping me as well with their wisdom. My sister has asked many to pray and she took care of Johanna and Peter through Bob's illness.

OK, getting ready to pick up a NY Times, cards and letters. Kalas Village, the place we live, has been incredible. Food, flowers, and care with all the prayers combined is so securing.

Our families in Holland and Texas are the dearest. Two nights ago, Bob said:"Oh my children, I wanted to teach them so bad this semester and tell them of the great things of God." One thing is secure he is praying for his students and the Adm, have been caring for you all with the very best in Bob's absence. Prayers, not "just" praying but experiencing an overflow of answered prayers. The nurses are even on that wave length. Centrale BAPTIST hospital,

Thank you.

Ellen

What a wonderful man that Brother Bob....TheEagleman fondly recalls him from his ORU years in the 70s.....my prayers will be will this great man of God..... :up:

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on Brother Bob Stamps?.... :|

I got a phone call from Brother Bob this morning. He's doing better though he went through a hard time with the blood clots. He said there is one whole day he doesn't remember anything. That was the day Ellen took him to the hospital. He's had a few seizures since. Still needs our prayers as he recovers, leads worship and teaches at Asbury in Kentucky.

He said he has a wall with pictures of his heroes on it. There are pictures of Harry Truman, John Wesley, etc. Then he has one with a picture of Billy Graham and Oral Roberts. Under Billy's picture he wrote the words "Hour of Decision" and under Oral's "Point of Contact"

I guess OR has been our point of contact through the years, also!

Hey Cletus....tell Brother Bob that if he needs a picture of TheEagleman for his wall.....I'll be glad to forward one...... :razz:

Brother Bob can pick his own heroes.

I'll just keep praying for him.

The latest update from Ellen on Brother Bob's status as of about 7:30 p.m.:

Had a great informative visit with the Neurologist, of course this was for Bob . I think that for the first time he could see the end of the tunnel. Meds slowly changed and trust that no convulsions will bother him, also that he will for one time sleep through the night. that will give me that gift as well. All those sleepless nights are catching up on me as well.

Bob and I want to thank you for all your support, flowers, cards, calls and all the international dinners.

Johanna will be in CT, will celebrate all the feast that we have missed this last year in May, she will be with us in Wilmore. Cannot wait.

Peter will come for a part of Easter. WE will have students over for dinner as well.

We have to stay in the Lexington area for Bob's sake, NO TRAVELING RIGHT NOW.

I am speaking tomorrow at 12.00 in the Fletcher chapel. Entrance through the prayergarder, tulips will guide you. Children have been coming to the services as well, it is short and communion is served.

See you.

Bob and Ellen.

Update on Bob Stamps from Ellen, 4/11/2012...

Good morning dear friends, A nice update on Bob. He is back in "The Saddle", sounds good for KY. Preaching this morning in Chapel and this afternoon back in the classroom. His greatest joy. Since it is a three hour class, his dear friend is taking an hour to teach, that way Bob can have a shoulder to lean on. Thank you again for your prayers