ORU Fans Seeing Hope For NCAA Berth (Mike Brown blog)

Old Titan

Joe Lunardi has the last four teams in as: Xavier, Texas, Northwestern and Drexel. Lunardi is normally very accurate in his predictions. If you look at Drexel, their resume is comparable or slightly worse than ours and their RPI is 66. Northwestern just lost to a bad Minnesota team in the first round of the Big 10 tournament. I don't know who Lunardi might replace Northwestern with, but Drexel doesn't deserve a spot any more than ORU. Now that SDSU is in the Top 50, we have a Top 50 win just like Drexel. Their only Top 50 win is against VCU, an in-conference opponent with a 37 RPI. If ORU could have made it to the finals against SDSU before they lost, I actually think they might have a fairly legit argument for an at-large in this unusual weak bubble year. Lunardi doesn't even have ORU listed as 1 of the first 8 teams "out" so apparently he is focusing on the Western Ill loss and discounting the "short-handed" Xavier win.

http://espn.go.com/m...ll/bracketology

I also don't know whether I should root for or against Xavier. If Xavier wins it makes our SOS and our best win look better, but if Xavier loses, could it possibly knock them off the bubble and increase our chances for an at-large. I think Xavier is probably in already, but you never know.

Maybe they could have us play a full-strength Xavier team in the 12-Seed play-in games in Dayton...

• Upvote 1

While I would agree that our resume is equal to or better than Drexel's, the CAA's recent success in the Dance (George Mason, VCU) will probably give them the advantage. Frankly, I don't believe either ORU or Drexel will receive a bid, but it sure is fun being in the discussion!

TheEagleman watches Drexel a lot....they have had a wonderful season winning 19 in a row....I would say that Drexel and ORU are very comparable....they would play a very close game....the Dragons have gotten a lot better over the past month or so....NC State winning again today doesn't help their chances.....I think the Wolfpack may be in now.....the CAA isn't as good as the Summit in my opinion...close but not as good top to bottom.....I don't think ORU or Drexel are in....but if Drexel is on the bubble....we should be too..... :nerd: