Spirit Sprint

ORU Eli

Question: When I was Eli I started that thing where I would dive into the megaphones at the end of the spirit sprint. Does the current Eli still do that? Somebody told me they did it last year and it warmed my heart. =)

They try to do it, but just don't do it justice. It's a half heart dive. Last game he even went feet first. The whole thing lacks the luster it used to.

LOL...while undoubtedly stretching it a bit you guys are very kind. If they let non-students be Eli, I'd move to Tulsa just to do it. I loved doing it.

vcboy were you on campus in 03-04? What wing did you live on?

SEMPER FI baby!!!!!!!!!! MC9.

I think I lived just about everywhere my four years at ORU.

I lived on 5 different wings but I stayed in EMR all 4 years. I was a crazy kid...towers was just too quiet. I was an APA on Covenant my senior year.

I really enjoyed my time in EMeR too. Just couldn't get down with the tiny rooms when my boys across the lot where loading big screens and surround sound systems in their rooms.

Guest EagleBackr
he's a she

Holy "Crying Game", Batman!! Who's a "she"?!? The poster "ORU Eli", or the current "Eli" at the basketball games? If the current Eli is a "she", is that a big secret, kind of like how "Lassie" was always played by a male collie? Or is it just common knowledge, kind of like with Richard Simmons? Not that there's anything WRONG with that, right? :shock:

Have I soiled this thread enough to get it banned to the "General Discussion" forum?

The Eli at the guys game on this past Saturday was a very tall figure that resembled a male. i was told that there is more than one. Oh and i almost forgot...Bakr ur BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest EagleBackr
...Oh and i almost forgot...Bakr ur BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the legacy I want - the first poster to be banned on this board by ORUBullTerryr and Dr. "Don" Cornelius!! YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!

Eli, let me give you the info about the Eli's since you've left us. When you did it, you got a full head of steam and dove straight into those suckers, and THEN, you came and dove into the Maniac section, and I promise you this, it was all of the Maniacs favorite part of the game, we loved it when you came and dove into us, it definately gave us that extra mmph to finish out the game. Since you have left, the Eli's just sorda run into them, they don't hardcore lay-out like you used to. Also, there are two Eli's this year, and it is very obvious which is which, there is a guy who is at least 6' tall and then there is a girl who is no taller than 5'3. Neither one bring the passion that you had, maybe it's cause you used to be a Maniac... I don't know.

Hey...its all about putting your body on the line for the team. That and all those 'Eli groupies' I used to meet and greet after the game. Whew...those were the days my friend.