ORU to WNIT virtually a done-deal?

Old Titan

Well since the women have accepted, hopefully we will be ready to play. If we are ready, theres no reason we shouldnt go deep in it.

I'd sure hate to see one of our coaches turn down the opportunity to play in the NIT.

It's not the coaches decision.

It's not the coaches decision.

Really? Who decides? Athletic director?

It sure sounded like it was Wojcik that made the decision at TU.

And from what I remember, it seemed like Eddie made the decision at OSU years ago.

Here are the automatic bids to the WNIT to date. There is no question - ORU is participating.

2012 Postseason

WNIT Teams

a=Automatic Berth

a-American (Patriot)

a-Cal Poly (Big West)

a-Central Arkansas (Southland)

a-Davidson (Southern)

a-Eastern Illinois (OVC)

a-Fairfield (Metro Atlantic)

a-Harvard (Ivy)

a-Howard (MEAC)

a-Memphis (Conference USA)

a-Mississippi Valley St. (SWAC)

a-Northern Colorado (Big Sky)

a-Oral Roberts (Summit)

a-Stetson (Atlantic Sun)

a-UNLV (Mountain West)

a-Utah State (WAC)

Go to http://www.womensnit.com/showstory.asp?id=240

WNIT to announce field Monday, March 12 March 5, 2012 – The Women’s National Invitation Tournament will release its full 64-team field for the Postseason WNIT late Monday night, March 12, via the website.

The field will include 31 teams that earned an automatic berth, and 33 teams that are chosen at-large. The bracket will be released several hours following the NCAA Tournament selection, which finishes its announcement at 8 p.m. ET Monday, March 12.

The Postseason WNIT will open with first-round games Wednesday through Friday, March 14-16. The event culminates Saturday, March 31 with the championship. All games are hosted by participating schools.

Really? Who decides? Athletic director?

It sure sounded like it was Wojcik that made the decision at TU.

And from what I remember, it seemed like Eddie made the decision at OSU years ago.

Yes.

No.

And, maybe Eddie made that decision because of his stature at OSU. But, I guarantee you that he communicated with his boss before he made the 'decision'.

Yes.

No.

And, maybe Eddie made that decision because of his stature at OSU. But, I guarantee you that he communicated with his boss before he made the 'decision'.

Okay . . .

Didn't mean to sound rude, if that's how it came off.

But, the AD is the boss of the company. Big decisions go thru him/her. Accepting or decling a post-season bid and the financial ramifications that surround it go thru the boss.

Didn't mean to sound rude, if that's how it came off.

But, the AD is the boss of the company. Big decisions go thru him/her. Accepting or decling a post-season bid and the financial ramifications that surround it go thru the boss.

Gotcha. No prob.

South Dakota gets a home game and UMKC plays at Missouri State. Four Summit teams in postseason play.

Good to see the women are playing so close. It should make it easier for the fans to travel. Hopefully the next round will be an easy drive as well.

Great to see the conference represented so well in the Post Season.

The region (16-team grouping) that the ORU women are in has some interesting pairings. Including 3 Summit teams vs. 3 Missouri Valley teams. UMKC vs. Missouri St., ORU vs. Wichita St., and Drake at South Dakota. Also, 2 in-state rivalries with Memphis vs. Chattanooga and Northern Colorado vs. Colorado. I am surprised to see Central Arkansas in this field (vs. OSU) because in the past ORU has blown out their women's teams so I honestly didn't think their team would be very good this year. OSU should have an easy first round game. Would love to see an ORU vs. OSU game in the 2nd round.

Good luck with the WNIT! WNIT did a great job at keeping play together and local. The downside is several leagues potentially are playing members as early as the 2nd round.

Only 1 Summit team out of the three can make the final four as they all funnel to the same semi's.

Great to have 4 Summit teams on the women's side playing in the top 2 tourneys.

Gonna miss Kevi and Co. in the Summit next season.

This is a road game that ORU can win....need a big effort from Kevi.....at least 30..... :nerd: