Coaching Carousel 2012

Old Titan

This thread is two pages long and most conference tournaments haven't started yet! This may be the longest thread ever!

I do what I can. :razz:

Southern Illinois of the Missouri Valley has fired Chris Lowery after eight seasons.

Southern Illinois Parts Ways With Chris Lowery (CBSsports.com)

Rumors have Bruce Weber leaving Illinois to return to his former job at SIU, but those prodigal-son-homecomings never seem to work out well (see: Lake Kelly returning to Austin Peay from ORU; Ken Trickey's second go-around at ORU; etc.)

Weber may not have a choice on the leaving Illinois part as the sharks are circling. Be interesting as the dominos start to fall. I think the Wichita St coach will be on the short list of some big schools after the season.

Weber may not have a choice on the leaving Illinois part as the sharks are circling. Be interesting as the dominos start to fall. I think the Wichita St coach will be on the short list of some big schools after the season.

Weber was a pretty good coach when he had Bill Self's players.

They have to fire the coach at SMU this year. His teams are bad and boring that is not a good combination. I have no idea what he is doing running the Princeton offense and trying to recruit DFW kids. What a joke. They are killing him down here. Woj probably wouldn't be a bad hire for them as he does recruit well down here. His best player is from here and has nice recruits coming in next year. He is not leaving the cupboard empty for the next guy.

If they win a couple more games i would think they make the NIT and maybe he is in line for a new job. They are not going to fire him with what they owe him.

I think the loss to UAB killed TU's shot at the NIT. We'll know for certain when the next installment of projections come out tomorrow. Right now, there is a strong consensus thought tht TU's only shot at postseason play is to win the conference. And the odds of that happening nosed dived with 15.9 seconds left in the me Wednesday night.

I listened to the end of the TU game and they had several opportunities to win and/or to tie it up and send to OT. Sorry it didn't work out BasPlayr. That may have also killed Wojcik's chances to get 20 wins as well.

TU isn't very good.....Memphis rolls to a big win at Reynolds later this morning....wonder if TU is giving out free bagels and coffee for this 11am tipoff?........ :razz:

There was a good crowd that showed up. Less than 6k, but closer to 5k.

Too bad the local guys weren't coached for both halves. When Memphis went on that 18-3 run, DW took a set on the bench, and did little else to coach his players back into the game. There was absolutely no changes/adjustments to Ty to offset what Memphis was oing to us. Instead, we played the same way from beginning to end.

I'm frustrated, with this team. Hopefully we'll get one good news in th next few weeks.

Two more firings today: Brown in the Ivy League, and Winthrop in the Big South.

Can't see this having any impact in these parts, unless Sean Sutton really wants to move to South Carolina.

I have heard a couple of rumors that Marshall of Wichita State might be headed back to South Carolina (not Winthrop) to coach the University of South Carolina. It might just be his agent sending out signals to get him a raise. Not that this actually happens.....

The key is to get a long term deal - just ask Wojcik or Travis Ford.

It appears that there will be a fair amount of movement as the tournaments wind down. It is surpising that the schools will contemplate buying out contracts given the current state of the economy. I guess they figure they have more to lose with a weak team and poor attendance.

I can't believe Matt Brown at UMKC still has a job - dude is now officially stealing money from this point forward.

Was Ray Harper at Western Kentucky given the "interim" tag? If so, he may be removing it.by winning the Sun Belt.