Caleb Tannehill Commits to ORU

ORUalum

I can't find anthing about him. He appears to have attended Bellvue Christian High School as a sophomore and there is reference to him regarding Brentwood Academy in Tennessee - but he is not listed on their roster. His Twitter picture shows him playing for IMG Basketball Academy - which is a skills camp. I think he lives in Tennessee and it appears that he visited ORU earlier this month. Rocky Tannehill (father?) mentions ORU playing SDSU in his tweets. Not sure what to make of this. Appears to be someone who 'committed' to us. Not sure whether we are looking to sign him.

it looks like IMG has a school and he is listed as being on their "national team" although many of their players are from over seas. it may be a place where international players come to develop and get their education lined up for college ball in the states. basketball factory???

Our young men have gotten off to a good start. They’ve begun juggling the rigors of training, academics, and their social lives. As a student-athlete, balancing the three can be a challenge.

Some of our players are away from home for the first time, and with this journey there are setbacks, adjustments, and growth. I commend each of our players as they have pushed through the first month with resolve.

The first month of training, testing, and playing a few competitive games, has afforded me an opportunity to observe each player. However, any player’s development and progress cannot, and should not, be evaluated after a few weeks or a few games. It’s in the coming months when the accelerated improvement truly takes place.

Furthermore, what’s most important to the player having on court success, is handling his academic and personal business off the court. His studies, nutrition, proper rest, and caring for minor injuries, will determine his readiness to successfully take on the challenges faced in competition.

Many thanks for your continued support.

Coach Vince Walden

David Andoh - Montreal, Canada

J.P. Balavoine - Bogata, Columbia

Enrico Bueno - Sao Paulo, Brazil

John Carroll - Dublin, Ireland

Danny Clark - Anchorage, AK

CJ Holmes - Manassas, VA

Cameron Houston - Carrollton, TX

Daxter Miles - Baltimore, MD

Ricky Ramos - San Juan, Puerto Rico

Gonzalo Santana- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain

Caleb Tannehill - Brentwood, TN

Tracey Thomas - Boonton, NJ

Nice find.... it does appear to be a basketball factory of sorts. Wonder what, if any, statistics there are on this kid? I assume that he is a point guard.

Beloved Rogers played at IMG and is listed as one of their D1 products... Also, I doubt any reports until it's offically confirmed.

Could be a good recruit if true. We all know Sutton and Co. play it close to the vest.

May just be a coincidence, but Ryan Tannehill (QB from Texas A&M) is a top NFL draft prospect and this story mentions that he is working out the the IMG Football camp in preparation for the combines/draft.

ESPN

• 2 months later...