Rutland should...

oruvoice

Rutland should make it mandatory that every ORU student come to the game on Saturday.

The nation rarely gets a look at our university and we should take advantage of the opportunity with a FULL HOUSE of 10,000+ in the building. As of now, looks like we won't have a sellout.

Someone send him an e-mail with my demand...er...suggestion.

• Upvote 1

Also, how do we make sure that the gold on the TV side gets filled in? Can you let people move down after the game starts (assuming there are not ridiculous lines in the lobbies because there are not enough ticket scanners)?

OKC...Well,, hopefully the season/corparate tickets will get used, so we won't have that issue. From a personal standpoint, if I go into an arena that isn't sold out, I just go sit in an unoccupied seat. Me thinks our fan base is a little too honorable, in that regard. Worst thing that happens, is the person with that seat shows up and you slide to another seat...

OT...if Rutland can light a fire under our students and staff, and help ORU show the nation our best, then I will drop in the Dr. or Pres. But first, he needs to show me something! LOL!

Seriously though, a school wide voice mail/e-mail AND a good chunk of chapel tomorrow should be dedicated to pounding home the importance of EVERYONE being inside the Mabee Center for 2 hours on Saturday.

When I go to a sporting event, I heardly ever sit in 'my' seats. At the NCAA tournament last year, on the second day we sat in the middle section about six rows from the court. We stayed there until the KU fans came and 'kicked' us out with about 1:30 to go in the game. I would NEVER sit in the blue section at the Mabee Center. To all those who are in the blue section - come on down!

Oh, and could we please just issue the corporate donors/sponsors vouchers instaed of tickets? If they don't claim their tickets a day before the game - resell them. Not sure why we have not done this. Those empty seats are always in line with the camera angles and make it look worse then it really is.

Why can't corporate tickets that aren't claimed by say 15 minutes before the game be sold at a lower price or given away?

The first would be vouchers given to the corporate sponsors/donors. If they don't claim them, we would re-sell them and allow the donor to write off the ticket from their taxes - to the extent that they paid for them.

OT...if Rutland can light a fire under our students and staff, and help ORU show the nation our best, then I will drop in the Dr. or Pres. But first, he needs to show me something! LOL!

If I was you, I'd be more concerned about Dr. Rutland dropping you like a bad habit next time he sees you in the Mabee Canter hallway, ala "The General" when that foolish IU student addressed him with, "Hey, Knight!"

Our leader may be diminutive, but the dude is from rural Texas - I wouldn't mess with him...

ORU students MUST pack the building on Saturday....this is a chance to show off the school spirit.....Bracketbuster games on ESPN will be sold out all over the country....a lot of my family and friends will be watching....don't make ORU and TheEagleman look bad!.... :|

One advantage for TV... It will be an ORU white out on Saturday, and every gold seat will be covered with a white T-shirt on Saturday morning before the game. If someone takes that seat - and puts on the shirt OR even if no one is sitting in the T-shirt covered gold seat, it all looks white to the camera. It will look great for the national ESPN audience. Brilliant!

Rutland should make it mandatory that every ORU student come to the game on Saturday.

The nation rarely gets a look at our university and we should take advantage of the opportunity with a FULL HOUSE of 10,000+ in the building. As of now, looks like we won't have a sellout.

Someone send him an e-mail with my demand...er...suggestion.

+1

I agree and I think student leaders should also step up. I know some RAs used to go door-to-door on their floors and make sure everyone went to the big games when I was in school.

If anyone can give a report from chapel today, I'd appreciate it. Hope DR. RUTLAND pumps tomorrow, big time!

C'mon PRESIDENT RUTLAND...shut down the dorms, the AC, the GC, the Library, and the cafeteria tomorrow from 1-3!!!

Hate to say it but it's true - most students probably aren't up and out by game time on a Saturday. They'll have to set their alarms.

If anyone can give a report from chapel today, I'd appreciate it. Hope DR. RUTLAND pumps tomorrow, big time!

C'mon PRESIDENT RUTLAND...shut down the dorms, the AC, the GC, the Library, and the cafeteria tomorrow from 1-3!!!

Totally agree. The GC and library are tougher calls, but the AC was closed for every game when I was there. Shutting the dorms is an interesting concept. We used to have to clear out for a "fire alarm" (i.e. an excuse to search rooms) at midnight or later. A 12:15 dorm-wide fire alarm with instructions to gather at the Mabee Center might be in order for this Saturday.

Great Idea OKC!!!

Have a 'fire drill' at 12:30 and tell all the students that they have to go to the Mabee Center to avoid any possible smoke inhilation!!!

Dr. Rutland is traveling and was not in chapel today. Clarence Boyd delivered (read) the appeal for the students to be there and be early. At least it was mentioned, but not with the gusto for which we had hoped.