FCS to show Summit League Tourney

89rabbit

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&ATCLID=205379649

Fox College Sports to Air 2012 Summit League Basketball Championships

ELMHURST, Ill. - Fox College Sports will air all men's and women's quarterfinal and semifinal games live from the 2012 Summit League Basketball Championships, giving the league national exposure for its entire tournament for the first time in history. Midco Sports Network, based in Sioux Falls, S.D., will provide the game feed.

"We are very excited about having every one of our tournament games available to a national cable television audience," said Summit League Commissioner Tom Douple. "FCS provides college basketball fans across the country the opportunity to enjoy our brand and learn more about our outstanding programs and student-athletes. The tremendous boost in visibility for our men's and women's programs is immeasurable. Midco Sports Network has provided a high-quality production for our tournament the past two years and this agreement ensures that its broadcasts will reach additional viewers in Summit League markets and throughout the country." . . . (read more)

Awesome!...great news for ORU fans outside of the Tulsa area.....TheEagleman is looking forward to watching us cut down those nets in Sioux Falls!..... ;-)

Yes, this is great news. With four kids 9 and under, I can't always watch the game live on the internet. As I like to say, the DVR (and a bit of counseling) saved my marriage. Now I can queue up the game on my DVR after I put the kids to bed and Mrs. Otis can sit next to me on the couch and get caught up on her scrapbooking. I'll poor a cold one in my Eli pint glass and wonder how life could get any better.

Otis, my man....you have spoken to the heart of TheEagleman.....nothing like ORU roundball and an ice cold lager..... ;-)

You are making me thirsty, my friend!..... :nerd:

I checked my Direct TV listing and there is not an FCS Central channel. There is FCS Detroit, FCS Kansas City, FCS Indiana, and even FCS Oklahoma. I did not see an FCS Dakota :wasntme: . Anyway, as we get closer, I would like to know an actual channel # on Direct TV so that I can make sure I get that channel. Great exposure for the Summit League and with the quality of the league this year these games deserve to be nationally televised.

I checked my Direct TV listing and there is not an FCS Central channel. There is FCS Detroit, FCS Kansas City, FCS Indiana, and even FCS Oklahoma. I did not see an FCS Dakota :wasntme: . Anyway, as we get closer, I would like to know an actual channel # on Direct TV so that I can make sure I get that channel. Great exposure for the Summit League and with the quality of the league this year these games deserve to be nationally televised.

I've had DirecTV for two years (primarily to watch ORU hoops), and here's what usually happens with Fox College Sports. First of all - to get FCS, you will probably need to have ordered the SportsPack (about $12/month). DirecTV generally carries only live FCS events, and FCS Central is DirecTV 623. However, they sometimes shift events to their other FCS channels (DirectTV 617 and 626), and occasionally, one of them will be broadcast on a Fox Sports regional channel (Indiana, Detroit, Oklahoma, etc.). For example, the FCS Central schedule for today (found at msn.foxsports.com/fcs) lists two live events - (Houston Baptist at North Dakota and USC at Arizona State). On DirecTV, HBU/UND is on 617 and USC/ASU on 686 (FoxSportsArizona). It can be rather frustrating finding the games, and DirecTV sometimes doesn't update their schedule (either online or on-screen) until the last minute, so you have to keep checking back as it gets closer to game time.

I had one occasion in the past two years when the ORU home game was not on ANY station (regional or 617/623/626) even though it was listed on the FCS Central schedule, but fortunately, it happened to be a game that was carried live on Golden Eagle Broadcasting (363). Obviously, we don't have the GEB-363 option for the Summit tourney, but I'm hopeful that most, if not all, of the games will be able to be found somewhere on the DirecTV schedule. As of this morning, none of the Summit tourney games were listed on the DirecTV schedule for next week, but they are listed on the FCS on-line schedule, so I'm not terribly concerned at this point.